NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midlake Crisis said:
I found this 7-speed Schwinn Admiral at WalMart for $159 and was going to buy it for my daughter.
0003867540438_300X300.jpg

I checked CL first and found one that was literally like new for $100. The seller had only used it once, attached to a baby trailer, and parked it for a year before listing it for sale. The tires were flat from sitting, and when I got it home I found out that both front and rear brakes were rubbing the rims - I can't imagine what it would be like trying to ride with both brakes dragging while hauling a baby trailer. No wonder the poor lady had parked it. Anyway, it is a fun bike for $100, classic style if not really a rat, but close enough to follow the wife and I around on our Electra tandem. It rolls a LOT better on the road than her old mountain bike with the fat knobbies.

I think that model is on it's way to be discontinued. I bought one online yesterday for store pickup. I'm going to try to leave it in the box for a bit but already have the cream tires and few other ideas for it. The jet black Onex 29 bad boy flaming skull convertible and the snow white with pink trim princess cruiser.... They might not be ratty but they sure can be FUN!

mrfritz said:
I think that model is on it's way to be discontinued. I bought one online yesterday for store pickup. I'm going to try to leave it in the box for a bit but already have the cream tires and few other ideas for it.
What a coincidence! The cream tires would be cool, if my daughter really gets in to it I may follow your lead - post pics when you get busy on it!

I found the Admiral for my carriage house tenant and she loves it.
She has had it about a month now and hasn't had any problems.
Great looking city bike.

I like the contour of this fork, not flat, not tubular, very 'modern' cruiser look to it. It would look GREAT mated to a Monark-type springer ala the Felt Abraham Linkage, looks like there's plenty of room for a 24 x 3 tire in there too.
IMG_20120302_134247.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Cool and I really like this bike and it has a great price but if I actually got rid of all the parts I don't need I would be able to afford to buy it & the parts I need.

Ended up getting this for my wife the other day off their site to store.

DSCN3620.jpg

Its a 2012 "Susan G Komen" (built by Kent) 7speed cruiser. Not bad for $119 on the site, and once I got it, my wife fell in love with it and I gotta admitt its a smooth riding bike (at only about 30lbs) and once I regraesed everything and dialed it in, it rides every bit as good as a $200 7speed cruiser and is well worth the money. Besides, for every one of these sold, $10 donated to the SGK the cure. Even has a pink chain.

Re: NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART

jerrykr said:
They have a Huffy Cranbrook coaster brake for about $88 or so that is not a bad bike.

Cheap components, especially the pedals, but hard to beat price-wise for a starter or a build, especially since everything is new.

I have one I found for $25 and figure the wheel set and white wall tires, or the frame itself are worth more than what I paid for it.

Cool thing about the cranbrooks is that you can buy the whole bike,gut it for parts and save big money on a ratbuild!!
Heck a set of tires is 40.00 easy nowadays.Handlebars-15.00 to 50.00.,rims 60.00 to a zillion.

Here are a couple of pics of the rebranded 1-X (Onyx, Onex) next to a normal size cruiser. I was thinking this would show the difference is size, but I now realize that the Huffy's track is lower that the Onex. You can still see how much longer this beast is. The dropouts are even with the back of the Huffy.

WP_001192.jpg

WP_001191.jpg

I also saw these LED fishing floats and thought they might make some interesting tail lights. Night Bobby (not to be confused with Ricky).
EDIT: Here is a video of one of these, It's actually pretty bright. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0-ENcSbF3k)

WP_001194.jpg

WP_001193.jpg

Bought this today for 129.00,just wanted the rims,tires and bars.I cant buy them alone this cheap.
the rims are wide 2.125 like schwinn S-2 and have heavy duty spokes.Antique white 2.35 wide tires.
Frame has already been givin to a freind and the rest I will sell off to get a lil money back.
WALMART003.jpg

WALMART002.jpg

WALMART001.jpg

Truth is I cant really afford to buy as many bikes as i do but i work hard to keep my bike stash money lol.

...saw this one in Walmart yesterday; they are gettin some neat lookin bikes in lately.
nextbike034.jpg

...awhile back I bought an Avalon comfort bike there, here's how I set it up with different bars & seat....it rides very nice...gonna remove some stickers next...
nextbike032.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Bought this today for 129.00,just wanted the rims,tires and bars.I cant buy them alone this cheap.
the rims are wide 2.125 like schwinn S-2 and have heavy duty spokes.Antique white 2.35 wide tires.
Frame has already been givin to a freind and the rest I will sell off to get a lil money back.
WALMART003.jpg

WALMART002.jpg

WALMART001.jpg

Truth is I cant really afford to buy as many bikes as i do but i work hard to keep my bike stash money lol.

Funny deal-- I bought this bike to put tires,bars etcetc on a vintage bike-then gave the frame,fork,fenders to a friend---------He slapped vintage bars,seat,wheels,cranks (all schwinn) on it and its awesome! WIN-WIN

They sure are getting some cool looking bikes there lately, and if nothing else, they make great parts bikes to keep our classics on the road. ANd like mentioned, you couldn't buy a pair of new wheels, the tires on them handle bars and seat for what you pay for a whole bike. And even knowing that their Schwinns are low level Pacific Cycle rebadges, I guess PC is making a desent bike these days for the money.

i bought one of those huffy cranebrooks because the price is ridiculous low, but the hub bolts are too big for my 62 corvette. it is a decent cruiser for the price, but all of the bearings were dry. i had to take everything apart and pack them all. i did bob the fenders to try and help the looks some. i guess it was worth 88 bucks, but like was said earlier, there is a certain lack of "soul". however, it did get me back into the bike game so it has some value.

HPIM2810.jpg

HPIM2811.jpg

My local Walmart sell the returns (after repairing them) for 50% off. I bought two off the Huffy Cranbrooks new for $44 each. When I got them home I found one had a broken spoke, so I called Huffy. They were out of the blue wheels so they sent me a red wheelset to replace one broken spoke. And of coure they didn't want the blue ones back. 15 cent spoke fixed it.

Two Cranbrooks and a red cruiser wheelset for $88. Now I just need to figure out what to do with them!

The also throw out any bike that requires any parts replacement. The literally take it apart and throw the parts into the dumpster. I offered to buy some of the parts, but they couldn't sell them to me. They get full credit from the manufacturer for throwing them way; it's more valuable than what they can sell the parts for. Kinda sad.

Latest posts

Back