New creation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new here. I just finished my first bike, here she is, tell me what you think. Other than comments about the chain, I'm working on that. :roll: :lol:

Before:

Bike.jpg

Three weeks later:

DSCN4796.jpg

DSCN4797.jpg

DSCN4801.jpg

sensor said:
looks good :mrgreen: but(just my worthless $.01) id cut the bars where the grips end to give her a narrower profile

They really aren't that wide, and I think if I were to cut them down she'd be even more twitchy at slow cruisin. :(

aka_locojoe said:
Wow that's a really unique frame. Looks nice.

Thanks, I knew I wanted to stretch the frame and I wanted the seat to be "floating", those were my main concerns for the bike. The rest of the frame just kind of fell into place as I went.

maddogrider said:
Nice ride what kind of tubing did you use? Did you have to bend any of it. If you did what did you use to bend it?

I just went to Home Depot and got some black steel plumbing "nipple" in a 3 foot section that was closest to the same size tubing of the frame. I made sure to add the stretch sections to points of the frame where the tubing was running pretty straight to avoid having to bend anything because I don't have a pipe bender just yet. Though some simple pie cutting would have made slight bends pretty easy.

Here's where I added the black steel pipe:

DSCN4747.jpg

i'm surprised no one has commented on the fact that a schwinn straightbar got cut up... :wink:

very well executed...it looks awesome,
nice work!

oct.

that's one kool looking bike. really like the design/stretch you've come up with, nice gusset
work. really adds some body to it without taking anything away from the frame. nice welds as well!
really well done...

Nice! Certainly not a cookie cutter (copy) frame. I really like your gussets (I'll be stealing that idea, thank you). :D

I like the originality of the stretch design you've got going on for this bike. Great work.

KOTA said:
Nice! Certainly not a cookie cutter (copy) frame. I really like your gussets (I'll be stealing that idea, thank you). :D

Steal away, its far from MY idea. I got the idea from race car lightening holes as well as aircraft structural brackets, it's definitely nothing new. Then I have to give nod to Ian Roussel and one of his rat rod truck creations for the mounting idea.

Here's some close ups:

DSCN4762cropped.jpg

DSCN4772cropped.jpg

DSCN4771cropped.jpg

DSCN4777.jpg

3 Weeks? are you kidding? that's incredible. this must be your own business, the "custom bike dude". Very cool bike indeed.

kustomkool said:
3 Weeks? are you kidding? that's incredible. this must be your own business, the "custom bike dude". Very cool bike indeed.

Ha! Thanks for the compliments. It really couldn't have taken me more than 20-25 hours to actually build the bike, I really don't think I built it in any sort of record time or anything. It really was quite a simple frame to build. And no this isn't a business of mine, I was just fiending for something to work on, it had been a couple months since I did anything "custom" with a welder.

Back