My elgin redooooo Update 5-26 traditional

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it took me a week or so and I still have a few odds and ends to finish,but its almost finished. I put an old Morrow 2 speed hub on it and it is a kickback with a mind of its own. It seems to like the lower gear when you completely stop . Weird. I spent several hours putting that monarch front fork on. I have built a 65 story building, 4 complete streetrods from parts and nothing compared to the trouble I had with that front end. It used every bit of my ability to make it work. I said most of the dirty words I know too. Finally figured out you really have to spread it apart to get the wheel on. Anyway enough venting. I still have to add my chainguard ,but I pieced several chains together and some of it it bad . will get more. :roll:

elgin04.jpg

elgin02.jpg

elgin01.jpg

Re: My elgin redooooo

Hey thanks Hooch.This was just a practice shot for the elgin I got from crassly. I know yall like patina but you will have to admit it looks better than this. :lol:

elg1.jpg

looks great! yeah i know how ya feel.....sometimes these simple bikes give me more trouble than all the cars ive ever worked on (home and work :shock: ) glad ya made it through it was worth it :mrgreen:

Hey thanks sensor ,glad ya like it. Learned alot from this build on restoration techniques. If you take one completely apart it takes a while to get them put back together. :roll:

I don't know man, that red and black bike is BEAUTIFUL. I wish I was lucky enough to have one like that. It wouldn't get painted, I'll tell ya that!!!

Hey boneshaker we all travel to an inner voice. Mine says make em look as good as you can. :wink:

Nothing wrong with it either UncleStretch, thats one tough looking bike ;D I love it! I need to build a pretty one.. I think the next one i do will be a pretty bike :wink: Keep up the good work :D

hey thanks ricksterr ,I need to get busy today and take the monarch forks off and put the ones that came on it . It was suppose to be a restore and I got side tracked with the new monarch forks I got from steve. Ill fix it though . :lol:

Ok Im done . For those that like a more traditional look in a restored bike,I took off the monarch springer and put the regular fork and fender and oh I also got the chain guard on. It was funny the fork that was on it had a messed up place in the threads . I had my welder buddy to weld another neck on it. I put it together today and sat on it and the silly neck broke off. Hummm wont trust his welding anymore. Had to use an alternate fork till i can get it fixed. :roll:

ela.jpg

elc.jpg

Back