My current projects...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Schwinn is a project I started collecting parts for a couple of years ago. I have changed my mind on a couple of things since then. I decided to go with a skip tooth drive train and a to get rid of the hairpin seat. The bike will be all black with red details. The second bike is a 1975ish AMF just like my first bike. Same root beer color with an orange seat. I need to find a chain guard that is the same color and has an Indian head on it with the word Prestige. The Excelsior could use a new paint job and it still needs a couple of critical parts like a chain, pedals and a seat post. I have a Brooks swallow knock off for it.

DSC00501.jpg

First mock-up from a couple of years ago.

Picture140.jpg

Second mock-up. Now I need to disassemble and get some black paint on it.

Picture143-1.jpg

My first bike thanks to The Flying Dingo for finding it!

Picture142-1.jpg

Picture144-1.jpg

1917Schwinnworld-1.jpg

Excelsior by Schwinn.

what springer is on the schwinn? is it a stock schwinn springer? for some reason it looks different than other springers i've seen on 26" bikes. i like it alot!

The springer is the early version of the Schwinn Springer. The head tube has a cast piece that acts as the pivot and the fork legs have a more robust design. I am using some repro parts with this one. The spring, spring bracket, and truss rods are all repro parts.

cool beans. there was just something about it that looked different from what i've normally seen. i like it alot

Here she is ready to ride! I still need a horn for the tank and maybe some red pin striping. The seat could use some paint and maybe a new cover. I also have my eye on one of those Pyramid brand springer seats with the chrome springs and crash rail. I have a Phantom style chain guard and some Nirve street sweeper fenders that may find their way onto the bike. Of course it snowed about 3 inches here today so I will have to wait for a test ride. :roll:
Picture155.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture166.jpg

Very nice. At first I rolled my eyes when I read red and black, but seeing it on the bike is a different story.

Latest posts

Back