Let's see your Shelby's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slick, I know a local guy who has a Shelby collection also. If I was to ever get out to California, I would be begging to see your bikes in person!!!

My Shelby Traveller bought the frame and Crankset from Tulsa cruiser on this forum
This bike has been built up a few times it's a little short for me but an awesome bike
and my first US. framed build .
Felt Wheels and pedals AC Cobra cranks white and black powder coated.
Have changed the bars on it since this picture was taken
IMG_6485_zpsf5227d7c.jpg

Slick, I know a local guy who has a Shelby collection also. If I was to ever get out to California, I would be begging to see your bikes in person!!!

The cool thing about Slick is that I've seen many of his best bikes often, as he rides them! That black & silver Airflo was ridden at a couple of the recent Rolling Relics gatherings. Beautiful.

I don't have any that would be considered "rolling art" by most people. BUT, bikes were made to be ridden!!

My 39 we think. I no longer have gave it up for a charity auction custom laser cut headbadge and pedal treads powder coated in my garage. I wish I had just given $325 to the charity and built the bike for myself! Wrong crowd at the event! Truss rods are stainless steel tube all new cups and bearings ,chain , seat, seat post ,wheels 3G from RRBs every thing new except frame and crank/chainring and the framed Shelby ad.
6u00n.jpg

4qgc.jpg

5o8t.jpg

mtm9.jpg

y1v9.jpg
I'm very curious, is that a powder coat and do you remember what that color is called?

-J Wolf

I've posted this before, but here's my '38 Shelby.

shelbypics015.jpg

es
I have two questions about this beauty. How do you like those white tires. Many people here say they are very difficult to keep clean and looking good.
Other question is where can I get bars like that. I really like them. Even better than Apes.
After seeing them, I am sold that I need some of those for my bikes.
Thanks. Nice bike. Even though I like fenders and tanks on mine. I like this one.

My Shelby Flyer, one of my keepers! Have a springer for it too.

Shelby built J & R Flyer, only seen one other J & R, and I own it too! (Monark built)

And a frame...
-Adam
This frame and rack are only match I can find to mine so far. I have different headbadge but finally found a bike close to mine on here. What year is this

Thanks. I can't say for sure that it's Shelby either unless they are the only one fabricator of that (to me) awesome junction of all 4 pipes flowing together in front of the seat post. [emoji621] [emoji605]

Last edited:
can you date em by the curved fenders braces? And the fork has shock absorber on it.
4ea6093e6ca858c3edfd8a6df02857bc.jpg

Last edited:
Knew that frame looked familiar. How's it coming along?
Its getting there got a skip tooth rear wheel , chain , crank and sprocket last weekend at the swap meet at Free Ride . Still need front wheel and seat post going to order a seat post from Slowriderz soon and think I might have a possible lock on a wheel to match the rear one.

I missed out on that swap meet and there isn't ever any swaps out here. That's pretty funny though cause that's where I originally bought that bike, from Free Ride.

I missed out on that swap meet and there isn't ever any swaps out here. That's pretty funny though cause that's where I originally bought that bike, from Free Ride.
That is funny I'm in there three or four times a week they have heard about the shelby that I'm working on but I haven't taken it in yet .

That is funny I'm in there three or four times a week they have heard about the shelby that I'm working on but I haven't taken it in yet .
Yeah I picked it up about a year ago and it had a cracked frame and the stem was stuck. My buddy fixed up the frame. You going to paint it? Where did you pick up the monark fork?

Yeah I picked it up about a year ago and it had a cracked frame and the stem was stuck. My buddy fixed up the frame. You going to paint it? Where did you pick up the monark fork?
I'm thinking of going with powder coating . The fork in the pic is the Sunlite springer I picked up on Amazon I have a Monark also that I picked up local . Probably using the Monark because it does not have all the disc brake stuff welded to it

Got this on the way to work on Friday at a garage sale. Passed it on to another member on Sat for the price I got it for. Just couldn't pass it up! It's a Shelby Eagle all there except headlight
PzB8sc.jpg

Latest posts

Back