Junktracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the paint on my frame is completely done :D
zegasa6a.jpg
6a4ymemy.jpg

I like how the colors turned out so i'm stoked:cool:

Now i only have to paint the headlight, the rear fender and the chainguard and then paint is al done!
Man i hate sanding! :(

But then comes the fun part putting it al together and that is the thing i'm looking forward to!

Thanx for watching

Frank

Yeah today i had nothing planned except working on my bike so i got a lot done! Started painting the last green parts, the fender , , chainguard and the headlight.
ry7agesa.jpg

Then it was assembly time!:cool:
First up, lightcables..
gavave5a.jpg

Mounting the taillight
u2a5ubaj.jpg
y4a4amus.jpg

Assembling my frontend:D
myqabesa.jpg
the headlight has a button on it to switch it on and that also switches on the taillight
9aru9uny.jpg
a4a8abej.jpg

I found this speedometer in a box so i thought why not!
puzumeqe.jpg

adasyne7.jpg
daqeqyva.jpg

Mounted the crankset.
u9eheme2.jpg

And then i did my last paint job that was left, the red bits on the fender and the chainguard
4una8eme.jpg

7u6u3a8a.jpg
a5aqu7e4.jpg

Oh i also mounted the steer and the saddle and the kickstand of course but i forgot to take pics of it so i'll post these later tonight...
Now i'm waiting for the paint to dry and then mount the fender and the chainguard, mount a chain and pedals and the i think i'm done:cool:

Thanks for watching

Frank

This morning i was up really early cause our cat thought i was time to get up:)
So straight out of bed into the garage!
Riveted the fender and the chainguard with copper rivets and mounted them:cool:
dumabu3y.jpg
humyja7e.jpg
9atyhaqa.jpg

Mounted the chain and the guard
uterysur.jpg
enu8yza9.jpg

Still waiting for my pedals to come and it was raining so no test drive yet...:(

Had a little window with no rain so i set her outside for a quick photo
aby9e2eb.jpg

vy8a7y7u.jpg

If the weather is better tomorrow i'll put some pedals on her and go for a testdrive:cool:

Thanx for watching

Frank

Nice work and very original!
Thanks!
what an amazing transformation! looks sweet!:thumbsup:
Thanks!

So i bought this copper thermos on craigslist for 5 bucks and i'm thinking of adding it to my build between the seat tube and the rear fender but i'm not sure yet..
yvy9e7eq.jpg

I also found a headbadge from Gazelle since it a originally was a Gazelle i decided to use it
3une3ugu.jpg

The weather was dry-ish so i mounted some pedals and decided to go for a test drive:cool:
And.... She rides really nice! Im using a 38t front chainring and a 24 t rear sprocket and combined with the two speed kickback i have a light gear to pull up and the other for when im at speed (well speed... cruisespeed;) )

Frank

Ok so i'm dropping the thermos idea because i cant fit it between the seat tube and the fender:(
So i'm calling her done, i'll take some pics tomorrow and place it in the finished bike section.
I had a lot of fun building it and i like the result! Thanks for al the inspiration!!

Frank

Latest posts

Back