Interested in a Bay Area Houston Cruiser Club??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

Myself and a couple of members are considering starting a Bay Area Houston cruiser club. Currently, there is the Rusty Riders Club of Houston and the Low Life Barcycling Group in Galveston. Anyone local to the Houston area knows this is a big place, so we are thinking there is room on the bay for another club that will hold it's own events/rides. Long-term we plan to expand beyond a cruiser riding club, and eventually hold swap meets and custom/classic bike shows. Basically, being located halfway between downtown Houston and the Galveston beach front gives us the unique ability to join either of the existing clubs for rides as well as hold our own rides/events.

Right now our plan is to call ourselves the "Bay Area Coasters"

If you live in the area and you're interested, please respond to this post letting us know, so we can begin to gauge the interest level.

Later

Well, you know I've been talking about this so im definitely interested. Im affiliated with a few local vw clubs as well so a car show tie in is an easy task which is a good way to get the word out to like minded folks as well as get some bikes seen. I think a local get together to discuss logistics ect would be a great start. I also have a few really nice routes in and around the clear lake, friendswood, nassau bay, pasadena area. For me working evenings and weekends makes it tough but in kemah there is a classic car getogether every weekend, it would be great to bring a bunch of bikes to set up and gather some interest.

I live in Kemah, so I am interested also, I ride my bikes and Golf Carts to the Car Show each Saturday, lots of fun!

Really fun first ride! I know irideiam will have some pics up soon so stay tuned. Was a nice low key cruise around Galveston island Texas. I have a felling we are going to catch on around here....

Well it ended up being 3 of the 6 total invited, we had a blast on our inaugural ride, based on my last minute decision to finally get this gig off the ground, some of the guy had prior plans..... Evan (barkeep), Arnold (marhaba) and I are now the official inaugural members on the Bay Area Coasters. 8)

What's next....
- We are working on organizing a Galveston Bay Area swap meet within the next couple months so stay tuned........
- We are working on a Club Website (I am not a Facebook fan).

If you are local to the Bay Area, South Houston, or Galveston and want to join in on the fun just shoot me a PM and I will put you on the list for the next ride..

Check out our rides and few shots of our neck of the woods..................

John
Founder Bay Area Coasters
Let it roll Texas style..........

Started off at Island Bicycle Co. (RatRod Bikes friendly cruiser only shop)
1.jpg

First stop for lunch & brews
2.jpg

Which way do we go? Where the heck is Derek (doshounds) on the Basman
3.jpg

Bikes locked up at our second watering hole....
4.jpg

Stopped at an antique store to look at some bike plates and flirt with the lady running the shop
5.jpg

Evan's recent Board Tracker build, early 60s Schwinn on display at the railroad museum (cool place for classic bike pics)
6.jpg

Evan showing off his sweet build again, it was a head-turner with the folks downtown
7.jpg

My 2007 Electra Cruiser 1 (made to look 1950s), with Evan's real deal 1960s middle weight, barely sporting the Fat Franks
8.jpg

Dang it, Derek (doshounds) stood us up, really the guys didn't care they just wanted to see his bike... :wink:
9.jpg

It was a great ride Irideiam!
It's a cruiser's paradise....nice breeze, plenty of places to stop and rest and a lot of history on that island.
There are a lot of nice bikes along the seawall in Galveston.
Barkeeps board track style bike did get a lot of attention. I don't think many people see those every day.
Looking forward to the next ride.

If only you had done this 2 weeks earlier, I would've joined you. I was down in Galveston for a week vacation, had to ride by myself. :cry: And i passed by every one of those places you have pictured...except Island Bicycle :x Looked like fun though!

StepChld said:
If only you had done this 2 weeks earlier, I would've joined you. I was down in Galveston for a week vacation, had to ride by myself. :cry: And i passed by every one of those places you have pictured...except Island Bicycle :x Looked like fun though!

Just ping me before you come into town next, and we can get together for a ride even if we don't have a scheduled ride set, I ride almost daily....

Latest posts

Back