I'm at college right now...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And have spent the last 3 hours working on all of these pointless chemistry problems with little to no real world application whatsoever!! These core classes are driving me nuts! Can anyone relate? I can't wait to get out of here!!!

Rant over... sorry, I had to! :lol:

I'm a senior in high school but I can relate. I feel the same way about math class, if I can't find a real world use for something were learning I usually tend to slack off or focus on other classes.

Yeah my fiance is taking classes for web development and computer programing. They actually teach Windows XP command line. Even though XP is already obsolete. :roll:

I Hated School and couldnt wait to just put in my time and get out.( Coupla years of Summer School and Im still bad at math)

College to me was only 13th Grade.

I dropped my Biology class, the teacher was TERRIBLE.

But i'm avoiding my math classes, because I dont see real world value there either. I'm not going into accounting, or shape judgement.

Hey Ding,Was your Bio teacher like Mr.Hand in Fast Times At Ridgemont High?

HEH...I've had a coupla too many bad teachers....but a coupla of real good ones too.

Mr Tar (R.I.P.) was my Guidence Counsler.He was WAY COOL!

Mr.Huston (Viet Nam vet.) was our Gym teacher...he made guys Cry!

I crawled out of Steinert (get) High School.

outskirtscustoms said:
Yeah my fiance is taking classes for web development and computer programing. They actually teach Windows XP command line. Even though XP is already obsolete. :roll:

most all of the windows NT(xp) command line stuff works in windows 7...

scrumblero said:
outskirtscustoms said:

most all of the windows NT(xp) command line stuff works in windows 7...

Hmmm, okay I know nothing about computers other than turning it on and basic operations like doing disk cleanup and defrag. I'm a mechanic and hate technology.......and about anything new for that matter especially cars, overly complicated and have WAY too much junk to go wrong with them. My old car isn't much more complicated than a lawnmower.

Well, She was a large Red haired woman. It was her first year teaching BIO, but she was extremely lazy. I've seen teachers teach PERFECT their first MONTH teaching in general, but this was crap.

During labs, she was never prepared. She started the class, and then left to go get our piece of paper, came back and then sometimes set up our lab. She usually sat there and did things for her high school classes. Never walked around and helped.

Nothing we did was of her own work, nothing was from her notes....or anything. We had the head of the science department offer to re-teach the class, but on her schedule, which I couldnt comply with. She knew it was terrible, but she couldnt do anything about it until the next semester.
I was getting a B+ and still withdrew from the class.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I dropped my Biology class, the teacher was TERRIBLE.

But i'm avoiding my math classes, because I dont see real world value there either. I'm not going into accounting, or shape judgement.

What do you plan to go into? I used to have that philosphy...until I found that I'm not going to be able to avoid all math forever.

I just finished my first quarter of classes, I was a senior in HS last year. I ALREADY MISS IT! I don't know what it is, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that it is the absence of people I know. I mean, yes I moved a lot as a kid, but we finally settled down where I am now. I had knew the same people sinced the 4th grade...then overnight it seems, it is over. BAH HUM BUG! Maybe I'm just a sappy 'ole picker.

MagicRat said:
I can count on One Hand the people that I liked in H.S...
I can count on one hand ALL the teachers I liked from kindergarten on. And actually remember their names!

Mrs. Lieblang was my kindergarden teacher.

Why do I STILL remember all thier names?...

Mr.Schwartz was my Junior High math teacher...

...We broke each others' b*lls big time.In class!

But it was'nt too classy.

Mr.Wilbur my 4th grade teacher...

...was a First Class D.H.

I tortured him so bad that he retired.

Let me see...

Kindergarten: Mrs. Hayden

1st Grade: Mrs. Raply

2nd Grade: I don't know, she was a witch. I have forgotten her name.

3rd Grade: Mrs. Baynum

4th Grade: Mrs. Shea, Mrs. Jasper, Miss. Fisher, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Klein

5th Grade: Mrs. Arnett, Mr. McKinney, Mrs. Paulett, Mr. Burgbacher, (I forgot my art teacher, she was half-witch, half good).

6th Grade: Mr. Kimmel (loved this guy!), Mrs. Osborne (no relation to the rocker), Mrs. Kowlakowski (formerly Miss. Fisher), Mrs. Janny (THE WORST! A wicked witch of the school if I ever saw one!), Ms. Bringman, Mrs. Klein, Mrs. Leis, Mr. Earl, and Mr. Kinnison.

7th Grade: Mrs. Shirk (not a bad lady once you got to know her!), Mr. Varvel, Mr. Turner, Mrs. Goldsberry, Mr. Goldsberry, Mrs. Kowlakowski, Mr. Crawford, Mrs. McKinney, Mrs. Leis, Miss. Myers, Ms. Bringman, Mrs. Butch (hated me), and Mr. Snyder.

8th Grade: Mr. Kinnison, Mr. Varvel, Mrs. Brown, Mrs. Goldsberry, Mr. Turner, Mrs. Webber, Mr. Crawford, and Mr. Gillenwater (great guy! a fellow cyclist).

Freshman yr: Mr. Culver, Mr. Burgbacher, Mr. Tackett, Mr. Snyder, Mrs. Tollefson, Mrs. Atkinson, Mr. Downing, Mr. Mack, and Mrs. Wampler.

I think by now we realize that I have a pretty good memory!

Mr Coslett (R.I.P.) Was my 5th grade teacher.

EVERYBODY wanted his class.That man could tell some storys,and made the class Real Interesting!

Mr Hauber was my Diesel Mechanics teacher in H.S..He forgot more than I'll ever know about mechanics.REAL GOOD

Latest posts

Back