I drag Esther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all !

I haven't finish my bike until the end of the Build off, but I'm still working on it !

I repost here everything I done on it, because I didn't found how to transfer my old post in the build section.

For this project I'm just using all stuff and junk I have around my parent's house.

I'm building a dragster. Inspired by the slingshot dragster.

1965-old-master-top-fuel-dragster.jpg

First I put, as usually, all on the floor.

9qay.jpg

But the rear wheel was too big for me, so I'm using this wheel, 20" and 100mm wide.

hkaj.jpg

I weld together tubes to get all the structure done.

dpnc.jpg

xr75.jpg

I'm using a 12" wheel for the front, love the tire brand "Swallow" ahah

2uyy1.jpg

At this point I made some photoshop for my motivation !

7key.jpg

A friend sold me a wide axle for my crankset (I only use the axle of the whole kit).

uu7u.jpg

I found an old mud gard, a bit too big, I will recut it and bend a bit more.

phgjMi.jpg

And yesterday I made the ape hanger, very tight and high, and finish the whole motricity part.

gSCf1K.jpg

00RlbH.jpg

Tomorrow I will work on the direction, and if I have time on the wheelie bar, or other little things...

(Sorry for all those different images size... Imageshack sucks... And I don't know over website to put my pictures online...)

I was thinking about it but when I try to seat... Looks like it was ok without any weight... I will see when I will try to move with it...

Might do just a single wheelie bar with a caster wheel (maybe a couple springs to keep the wheel mostly straight) that way when you need to turn that beast you could just lean back onto the caster and whip that nose around.

Also (and you're way beyond my abilities already so take this with a grain so salt) but those front forks would look killer fake as 1/4 ellipticals...

5801000_L.jpg

TFC!!! :thumbsup:(Think about it a second):rolleyes:

Might do just a single wheelie bar with a caster wheel (maybe a couple springs to keep the wheel mostly straight) that way when you need to turn that beast you could just lean back onto the caster and whip that nose around.

Also (and you're way beyond my abilities already so take this with a grain so salt) but those front forks would look killer fake as 1/4 ellipticals...

5801000_L.jpg
where did these come from? I have been thinking about doing some forks with these.

Ready for the Winter Nationals.!!! Pretty kool looking Sling Shot drag bake... What would look kool on that thing would be an aluminum wing right behind the seat and along with that the wheelie bars with skateboard wheels..
Nice Job.!!

Latest posts

Back