Hello from Portugal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I'm Hugo from Portugal. I'm 33 yo, been into mountain biking for 17 years, and write for a mountain bike magazine. Recently I started looking into alternative/ homebuilt bicycles and -gasp- recumbents (does that make me weird? :wink: ) and decided to build a chopper (I'll post details and photos on "other bikes"). I had sooo much fun I knew I was hooked.

Started looking for another project on the net, came across this site, double hooked! For the past few days I've been reading old posts incessantly and have been blown away, not just by the coolness and quality of your bikes, but also by how friendly and clean this forum is. Way to go!

I already have a project in mind, but I need a straight bar frame wich does not exist in my neck of the woods. I´ll build one from scratch if I have to, they're beautiful!

Other interests include old Vespas and Lambrettas, and general fabrication/ DIY. I worked for a few years as a CNC technician, another couple of years as a bike mechanic/ bike shop guy, looking for a career change right now (lots of free time).

I'm so looking forward to building bikes with you guys!

Hugo

Welcome to ratdom Hugo!

I think you're our first member from Portugal.

I know we had someone from Brazil who was active for a while, but it's been a while since they were around.

Many folks from the UK, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, etc.

We seem to be pretty international these days. :wink:

OldSkoolD said:
Welcome from Southern Cali! Cant wait to see whats up in Portugal!

Not much, I'm afraid. The homebuilt/ custom scene is non-existent. There are a couple of stores in my town that have Nirve / Felt bikes, maybe they'll catch on. But for now, I'm it!

Hugo

Welcome from the U.k

Welcome From Canada...

We Built "Nelly Frutado" right here in British Columbia.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

sounds like you have a Lot of Knowledge in all aspects
of The Cycling World.

I think you'll have a Blast here,
peace,
Kev.

Thanks for the welcome messages, everyone.

Hugo
(Nelly has the cutest accent when she speaks Portuguese...)

welcome as well. is hugo your real name? dont know if you know this but mc donald's has this big drink deal for 69 cents you can get a huge drink they call it the "hugo." i got real pissed when i went in today (there is a micky deeee's down the street from the shop) and the girl said they had no more hugos!!! :x

:p LOL I didn´t know that!

Yes, Hugo is my real name, and I am kind of tall, 6 foot 2 inches. Can you super-size a Hugo?

Hugo

Oh yeah, recumbents look like a lot of fun. I have plans to build a SWB and a LWB, both 20/26 and under seat steering. Maybe in flat-black, with some white-walls and red rims? :D

Hugo

Latest posts

Back