Headhunter (Finished!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Headhunter

Wow! This is so cool! i love the frame design and the paint looks great.

Well it's been awhile. Had some time to work on Headhunter today. I welded on a shifter bracket, relocated the bottom bracket shell, and did a little more work on the kickstand bracket. I relocated the bottom bracket because It was too far forward and too high. All I did was flip it from top to bottom. Just a little more clean up on the frame and It's ready for powder coat. I really want to get this bad boy roll'n before winter gets here. Hopefully I can do that. Here's some pics.
bikebuild007-2.jpg

bikebuild008-1.jpg

bikebuild010-1.jpg

bikebuild012-1.jpg

bikebuild011-1.jpg

bikebuild015-1.jpg

bikebuild013-1.jpg

Re: Headhunter (Updated 9/9/11)

I got with jezusjonz about a head badge for this bike. A great guy! I sent him my drawing,
scan0001-1.jpg

and here's what he's sending me.

Headhunterjpg-1.jpg

Re: Headhunter (Updated 9/9/11)

you cut it?!?! OMG!!! you horrible horrible person! but seriously, really like the frame.

Re: Headhunter (More Parts)

Had some vacation days to take so I spent most of the day working on Headhunter. The bottom bracket shell took forever. I had to relocate it because I wouldn't have been able to ride it otherwise. Hopefully it wont look to bad. Tomorrow I'll finish the kickstand and add a support to the rear stays. When I had it put together and sat on it, I noticed the rear flexed a little too much. I'm pretty sure it would have caused chain tension problems. Hopefully another support will take care of that.
bikebuild003-4.jpg

Re: Headhunter (More work done.)

Finished Headhunter today. Beefed up the kickstand, and added a rear support. The next time I post a pic It'll be completely done! Now off to powder coat.

bikebuild001-9.jpg

really good man, looking forward to seeing it all done :)
just one thing tho... as much as you've been changing things on the frame you almost could've built the whole frame yourself instead of leting firebikes build it for you ;)

UnDerzon3 said:
really good man, looking forward to seeing it all done :)
just one thing tho... as much as you've been changing things on the frame you almost could've built the whole frame yourself instead of leting firebikes build it for you ;)
Your absolutely right. If I would've had a roll bender I would of done it myself. There are a few things I would have done different. But it is what it is. I do have a roll bender on a list of big tools to buy hopefully in the near future. I will then build a Headhunter 2 to my exact specifications. :)

Kingzebba1 said:
Your absolutely right. If I would've had a roll bender I would of done it myself. There are a few things I would have done different. But it is what it is. I do have a roll bender on a list of big tools to buy hopefully in the near future. I will then build a Headhunter 2 to my exact specifications. :)

that's gonna be really awesome dude, but first things first, good luck with the finishing of this bike :)
i'm definitley gonna follow this as long as you keep the updates coming :)

Well with the holidays and some unexpected expenses I have yet to take parts to powder coat and chrome. I've been itchin to take it for a spin so yesterday I put it together and did just that. Good thing I did because I found the chain rubbed on the chain stay. :( A little frame mod will fix that. I'm going to modify the bars as well. I decided I wanted a lower rise. Here ya go.
2011-12-18_13-57-43_448.jpg

2011-12-18_13-54-33_807.jpg

2011-12-18_13-54-08_179.jpg

2011-12-18_13-45-03_48.jpg

Finished Headhunter today. I did change things again. I went with a candy red powder coat, made a new kick stand, moved the springer mount to the bottom triple tree, and made some different bars. Here's a few pics.

Latest posts

Back