HBBC & RUFF CYCLES JOINS FORCES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
10307394_772384699493770_6043551721473617417_n.jpg

Announcement via HBBC and Ruff Cycles FB pages
From opposite sides of the planet, a mutual love of all things custom, especially beach cruisers, has evolved into a worldwide partnership. RUFF Cycles and HBBC (Huntington Beach Bicycle Company) has formed a distribution partnership that will bring both company's products to a bike shop near you. RUFF Cycles, based in Germany, is argumentatively the best in the business with custom/stretched/chopper/cruisers. Offering only components, RUFF Cycles has become the premium provider of custom cruiser frames and components for the custom cruiser market. HBBC, based in Huntington Beach, California, has been providing quality custom cruisers and components since 2006. With non stop development and the ability to adapt quickly to the desires of consumers, HBBC has organically grown to become a respected player in the cruiser industry. The new partnership will bring distribution of both company's products to both sides of "the pond" as well as destinations occupied by mutual international allies. Both parties are extremely excited about the partnership and the future. 3 words.... Synergy. Karma. Respect. Stay tuned as big things are in the works for 2015!!!!

This is pretty interesting I wonder if Ruff will move production to Asia? If they do I think it would be great for Ruff.

Move to Asia? I hope not. I'd pay a German $100 to weld my frame before I'd pay a Chinaman $5 to do the same thing. The Chinese are a long way from Mercedes-Benz quality. Gary

Move to Asia? I hope not. I'd pay a German $100 to weld my frame before I'd pay a Chinaman $5 to do the same thing. The Chinese are a long way from Mercedes-Benz quality. Gary

You do understand that Asia is comprised of multiple countries, not just China...right?

This could be epic.

Whenever I ride my Ruff Cycles Tango, I get stopped multiple times by people asking me where I got my bike. Right now, I think there are only two dealers in the USA that carry Ruff Cycles (The Cruiser Shop in Nor Cal, and Local Cycles in NJ).

With HBBC, their distribution network will help get Ruff Cycles out to more people.

Over 80% of all bike brands you buy at Bike shops in the US are made in Asia by a hand full of companies across a few countries.

That being said I have seen first hand superior welds and finish from the Asian folks that make bikes for Trek, Specialized, Electra, Felt, Se bikes and Basman than I have from the Germans. This is why i think if Ruff moved production to Asia I would expect a better product.

P.S. Benz engineers are not welding up Ruff frames.

I paid $2000 for a Salsa Mukluk. Headquarters is in Minnesota, USA. Where was the frame made you ask? Yep Asia. I trust the frame to stand up to whatever I can put it through.

If the quality stays up, and prices come down, then it's all good.

It takes a great dealership to get the quality to the rider. Beach cruisers are a tough market. Pay $450-$800 for quality or $150 for cheap import?
Many call it the Wal-mart effect. Not anyones fault, just the way it works.

Triumph motorcycles, made in Japan. It's not just bicycles.

Latest posts

Back