Hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Here's a pic of the hawthorne before I got it.
2173546699_46e58345e2_b.jpg

Here's the hawthorne when I got it. All in pieces.
P1070004.jpg

Sanded it down to the metal.
P1120015.jpg

Hanging in the garage after primer.
P1130018.jpg

It finally got up to about 50, so I decided to paint it.
P1270003.jpg

P1270004.jpg

I still have to paint the rear rim, put on the chain & tighten up some loose ends but it's pretty much finished.
P2100039.jpg

P2100040.jpg

Nice to see something like this for a change. Not the TIRES= whitewall, RIMS= RED, FRAME=FLAT BLACK, "it looks like I spent 20 minutes on it but it's a 'rat' " :roll: :roll: :roll:

That's a great looking, quality bike. I like the lack of dept. store / modern parts as well and no obligatory flames or other formulaic garbage. Nice job.

That looks real kool. Could use a dash o' chrome in the back. Maybe some taillights. Good job.

LOVE IT!

I haven't mounted the headlight yet. It's just setting on the fender. Not sure if I'll use this headlight or get one that actually uses the mount on the forks.

i think the headlight looks killer on the fender, that bike is amazing, gives me an idea for another project.

what kind of seat is that? it looks awesome!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOOOOOOHOOO!!! This Bike ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: DAM! I love this combination of the grey frame - the black rims - and the red typhoon tires !!!!

from my part: THUMBS UP

:D :D :D

Back