Hawthorne Snyder built?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this up and trying to figure out what it is exactly. Has some missing and incorrect parts but it's something to work with. Was told it's a pre-war Hawthorne (possibly a Comet?). The springer looks Snyder (I think). Front fender brace is missing but is it straight or bent for this bike? Not sure why there's skirt guards on a boy's bike but they look cool I guess. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• hawthorne boys.JPG
    hawthorne boys.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 230
Looks like a prewar CWC curved chain stay with a Snyder springer. A Snyder serial number might be a little different, with a 74EH along with another number. Reverse the numbers for the year, 42 is 1942. A CWC might be harder to get the date from the serial number. It looks like a 3 gill tank too, a CWC feature I believe.

Looks like a prewar CWC curved chain stay with a Snyder springer. A Snyder serial number might be a little different, with a 74EH along with another number. Reverse the numbers for the year, 42 is 1942. A CWC might be harder to get the date from the serial number. It looks like a 3 gill tank too, a CWC feature I believe.

I can't make heads or tails from these numbers. Worn down to say the least. Thanks for your input.hawthorne serials.jpg

Chain guard appears a little Schwinn-ish, as well...maybe off a late '40s Continental? The bike is a mish-mash of parts, but it flows well.

Skirt guards are also called coat guards, so it's not unusual to see them on mens frames.. all my euro commuter bikes featured them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I need the skirt gaurds if ya don't want em

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah it always happens that way...lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back