HAUL-iN ! CustomCycleTruck (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with some seat and bars ajustments, i should have my prefered riding position:D
DSCN6586_zpsszvlzjat.jpg

well , last 2 days i was busy fixing my mom's rusty n crusty trailer so not much progress , but i did had time to draw a better representation of what 'Haul-in' could look like
Haul-in%20preview%20mix_zpsovwtw4j2.jpg

removable rack and rear supports .. want to be able to carry long stuff too.
Haul-in%203_zpskwrtsm8q.jpg

Last edited:
What program did you use to draw this? You did a good job!
thanks :) 'Sketchup' really ease and basic to use , but can also produce good stuff with allot of getting use to
real_time_40Ford%20coupe%20deluxe-12_zpseoe8d76d.jpg

A good 3hours of noisy n dirty work this morning , well worth it imo.
The chain stays are done and ready to be welded in place
DSCN6587_zps3ql7p4iw.jpg

DSCN6589_zps7nhl6ndn.jpg

:D
DSCN6592_zpswqawrsav.jpg

little hammer work
DSCN6594_zpssmd8btuc.jpg

:thumbsup:
DSCN6598_zpsn2t0sk9b.jpg
DSCN6597_zpsbfmqxdp7.jpg

looks close , but the off-set cog is installed the wrong way :wink1:

Last edited:
well , last 2 days i was busy fixing my mom's rusty n crusty trailer so not much progress , but i did had time to draw a better representation of what 'Haul-in' could look like
Haul-in%20preview%20mix_zpsovwtw4j2.jpg

removable rack and rear supports .. want to be able to carry long stuff too.
Haul-in%203_zpskwrtsm8q.jpg
You ever read up on fork angles? Things like trail and footprint will make a big difference in how well it handles. I'm wondering about the angle you've drawn the forks at may be kinda chopper feeling, not so good for haulin' a load... looks good but you're going to want it to be functional too.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

You ever read up on fork angles? Things like trail and footprint will make a big difference in how well it handles. I'm wondering about the angle you've drawn the forks at may be kinda chopper feeling, not so good for haulin' a load... looks good but you're going to want it to be functional too.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...
yep , lots of rake but little trail, so good steering at low speed and under load the wheel will not tend to want to turn by it self , just enough trail to turn well to about 45degre and be stable enough at speed.
was all studied before, i never seen such rake done on a cargo so i made sure it was doable before even drawing the idea at the begining
+ the chopper angle is not much for looks , its to have the cargo weight centered above the wheel and not hanging in front of it , it get the head tube out the way
DSCN6585_zpsqemmwgdx.jpg

Last edited:
Those chain stays are very nice! This is going to be a cool rendition of the old cycle truck. Love it!

Wow what progress great work really taking shape !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great build!
I'd love to go ground up on a custom bike like this...just have to stick around here and learn all the tricks.
Maybe by next May !
:thumbsup:
took me years of envy before i decided '' ok thats it , iam buying a welder '' a decision illl likely never regret:happy:

I'm a welder by trade... 2nd generation, but the work that goes into building a first class bike frame is definitely advanced stuff.
I know more than one journey man welder who'd make a mess of it!
My TIG skills are weak to say the least. ..which is a bit imbarassing since my old man is one of the best in these parts. .:)

Latest posts

Back