Green & Yellow MX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike arrived at the local coop in a big tupperware bin. 100% disassembled and parts from 3 other bikes mixed in. And for sure, some of the parts were in a coffee can. Classic. The bike was mostly painted (except for the chain guard). Even the rear hub was painted in different colors. I was told it was Packer colors. I painted the chain guard John Deere Yellow since I had some handy. A complete reassemble. I found the seat cover wadded up in a ball the size of a golf ball in the bin. I decided to reuse that. De rusted the sissy bar and coated it with clear spray to slow future rust. The rear hub had been reassembled but was missing some parts so that got a rebuild. Spoked the wheels and added the knobs. It looks like someone cut off every other tooth on the sprocket. I put on a nos gold chain from 1980 or so.

I've tried to track down what it was. Huffy mfg but via what retailer? I found a few similar photos but it looks like Huffy spec'd/sourced different fender shapes for different retailers. Original brown grips and seat cover.

The bike is going to the local charity Toys for Tots on monday. Some kid will love it.

Last edited:
This bike arrived at the local coop in a big tupperware bin. 100% disassembled and parts from 3 other bikes mixed in. The bike was mostly painted (except for the chain guard). Even the rear hub was painted in different colors. I was told it was Packer colors. I painted the chain guard John Deere Yellow since I had some handy. A complete reassemble. I found the seat cover wadded up in a ball the size of a golf ball in the bin. I decided to reuse that. De rusted the sissy bar and coated it with clear spray to slow future rust. The rear hub had been reassembled but was missing some parts so that got a rebuild. Spoked the wheels and added the knobs. It looks like someone cut off every other tooth on the sprocket. I put on a nos gold chain from 1980 or so.

I've tried to track down what it was. Huffy mfg but via what retailer? I found a few similar photos but it looks like Huffy spec'd/sourced different fender shapes for different retailers. Original brown grips and seat cover.

The bike is going to the local charity Toys for Tots on monday. Some kid will love it.

Awesome, John Deere Colored, Looking muscle bike. Sweet!

Latest posts

Back