Greek Basman :D

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got it!!!!!

Ordered my single speed Dark ale Basman from the Chopperdome (through my friend at the LBS). Spent 2 days assembling it, had my 8-speed Nexus fitted, my vintage gold flake grips, gold flake dice valve caps...

Here is the beauty :D

5950537300_a539141e99_b.jpg

5949968955_68e776f18a_b.jpg

5949968645_af2303b4b2_b.jpg

The colour really is amazing in the sun. The Sparker has been adopted by my gf and I had another Nexus 8-speed fitted to it (big difference)

Well the modifications have started, removed the rear fender and fitted an Electra rack, gonna change the handlebars and fit a disk brake at the front (the drum is useless)... pics to come.

Re: Greek Basman :D - Stage 2

Well as promised, pictures of stage 2.

Minus rear fender, with Electra rack and some cheap ... lights...

5953668310_5b3f134998_b.jpg

5953111573_dd39158e83_b.jpg

5953111309_075ba336ce_b.jpg

more to come... :mrgreen:

γειά σου! I love that sparkly color, looks awesome 8) I also fitted my Basman with an Electra rack, this is what I put on mine instead of the wood:

IMG_3397.jpg

I removed the crossbar on the handlebars and bent the bars wider, I found the handlebars to be too straight back. Am curious what you're gonna do to your Bas next!

Hallo...

Been looking at your Basman, its a definite inspiration, absolutely amazing. Will have to sort something out for a proper light (may have to have the bottom plate drilled and tapped).

The luggage is looking good too, and like what you did to the handlebars. As for the bars, I agree they aren't the most comfy, but not a problem anymore :wink:

Time for the next evolution:

5960418034_ce14dc281f_b.jpg

5960418188_65ce563554_b.jpg

5960418316_46bf9c93b7_b.jpg

The new bars with the vintage grips :mrgreen:
5959859127_b4de456728_b.jpg

And finally, a close up of the colour:
5960418858_1af6618eb0_b.jpg

Hope you like it.

PS Ace: Did you have any trouble with the kickstand? Mine was slipping loads, put a piece of innertube, had to tighten it so much that the allen bolt heads died on me and tightened the little bolt and nut so it wouldn't fold so easy.

Nice Basman.
Love this color and the 346 tires a lot. :shock:
I think a black handlebar schould look better.
But a great bike to start with. :mrgreen:
Btw i haven't had any problem with my kickstand. 8)

My kickstand tended to slip a little bit, and the bike was easily tipped over the kickstand to the left at first, but I shifted it forward about 2-3 cms to where the tube starts to bend in, it has a bit more grip there. I do need to tighten the allenbolts every few weeks and reset the position of the kickstand. It is a fine balance, these bikes are easily tipped over when people touch them. Never put my bike close to others' at the supermarket, that's for sure. :mrgreen:

Those tires do look great, and I bet they are a bit faster than mine. Food for thought!

Lowjack'r said:
Nice Basman.
Love this color and the 346 tires a lot. :shock:
I think a black handlebar schould look better.
But a great bike to start with. :mrgreen:
Btw i haven't had any problem with my kickstand. 8)

Thanks!!!! Thinking about having the handlebars powdercoated black at a later date... but need to take it easy cos I've got a lot of other mods on the list :mrgreen:

Ace said:
My kickstand tended to slip a little bit, and the bike was easily tipped over the kickstand to the left at first, but I shifted it forward about 2-3 cms to where the tube starts to bend in, it has a bit more grip there. I do need to tighten the allenbolts every few weeks and reset the position of the kickstand. It is a fine balance, these bikes are easily tipped over when people touch them. Never put my bike close to others' at the supermarket, that's for sure. :mrgreen:

Those tires do look great, and I bet they are a bit faster than mine. Food for thought!

good to know, I'll keep an eye out on the bolts and try to replace them then (they are completely rounded off, should be able to loosen them but not tighten them :oops: ). I am paranoid with other bikes and people going to close to it anyway.

Tires are great, had a bit of a drift around a corner when I hit a patch of water on a bend yesterday on my way to work, but it recovered as soon as it was out onto the dry.

I love the color on it really goodlooking..

A quick update.

Fitted an adaptor for BMX BB to 3-piece and a Tange sealed bearing BB and Lasco 44t single (way lighter than the old one piece).
Got a 50mm wide rim, Halo spin doctor disk hub, Clark Hydraulic disc brakes (on special offer) and had it laced and fitted.

BUT the most important, finally got my 80mm rim!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Quick photos from this morning on my commute to work (will get some better photos soon)

In front of the house before setting off
6210412881_d2ec77923e_b_d.jpg

At Starbucks picking up the morning coffee
6210573305_03ca32bec8_b_d.jpg

Hope you like it

Latest posts

Back