Fugsley - MO FATTA MO BETTA - Believe it or Not -TRADED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fugsley - Turkey Day ride with wife's Dahon for contrast

Kwazy wratter Get ta buildin'!! Peace

@Outlaw - Even though the paint was cheap, I don't think it will be lime green and yellow. Maybe red frame with yellow water ski. We'll see.

@Loco - thanks, I had a cool idea to make a faux springer look up front, but I like the front rack too much now, so I am commited to installing it.

@Mazda - Yes, it still folds. I haven't folded it in a while, but it will still fold.

@JAKE - What's up, my friend!!!!!!!! Welcome back to the MO RATTA - MO BETTA world!!!!!

I just wanted to comment on here, to say that there are both good things, and bad things that come with this community. I'm just starting to put together this idea I had that's basically a BMX bike, with two rear tires from an OCC Stingray as the wheels. Then I see this bike, and I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I see a gret bike, and others who have ideas Ike mine, who will appreciate my builds. On the other and, I often end up seeing that my ideas aren't as original as I thought they were.

Nice work. :)

deven_science said:
I just wanted to comment on here, to say that there are both good things, and bad things that come with this community. I'm just starting to put together this idea I had that's basically a BMX bike, with two rear tires from an OCC Stingray as the wheels. Then I see this bike, and I'm conflicted. On the one hand, I see a gret bike, and others who have ideas Ike mine, who will appreciate my builds. On the other and, I often end up seeing that my ideas aren't as original as I thought they were.

Nice work. :)

Thanks man. Go for your idea though. Just compare yoothgeye's Sand Rover and my Fugsley. My take on yooth's idea of using two OCC rear ends is a completely different bike. Also Outlaw has a build going where he is using OCC rear tires on regular 20" rims.

Have fun and show us your idea! Good luck.

deven, go for it. some of us will like it and some won't. no big thing. what really counts is:

DO YOU LIKE IT

that is the ?. I know what I build most of the people on here don't like em, but as long as I like em that is what matters. of course when people give ya good comments it makes us feel good. so go for it, build what ya like. I would follow your build to see what you would come up with. now get ta buildin.

kingfish, sorry to take up your space but I had to do it.

Outlaw 8)

Built it and get over the fact there are no longer any original ideas, I had to get over it too, but they are original to me! Check out my Sand Rover in my link in the signature line. 20" GT BMX with the big chopper tires/wheels front and back, if you could manage to make yours shorter than mine it would be cool.

I am pretty sure that Yooth's Sand Rover was the originator. At least, that is where I got my jumpstart.

Outlaw, no worries on my space as long as we're talking about MO FATTA tire bikes.

aw, but yes, we always be talkin mo fatta.lol. sooo, when ya buildin a mo fata trike?

Outlaw 8)

Spent the first three hours at work this morning reading this entire thread. Who the heck needs to work anyways??? Awesome build. I love the idea of using Harley tires. I had thought of that, but on Harley rims. Possible, I am sure, but now that I know I can use a 16 inch occ wheel, much easier.

I think with the theme of the bike being kinda old school, and beachy (fat tires and water ski) you should throw the whitewalls on that one..... Also, either the yellow or green would look great. The water ski parts kinda look like mini surf boards. Maybe that's just because I live in Florida.

I will definitely be referring back to this thread when doing my build to pay closer attention to how you switched the rear sprocket to clear the Harley tire.

Ps. I noticed you are from Savannah.... I love Savannah, and have been there twice in the past year. I recognized a lot of the places in your pictures. My first trip there was with a couple of buddies when we went from Orlando to Myrtle Beach Bike Week. On the way back we stopped in Savannah for a couple of days. Loved it. Was my favorite city from the whole trip. I actually made a video of the trip and it's on YouTube. Savannah is towards the end, because it was on our way home, but for anyone that has some time to kill its a pretty kool video. Lots of funny parts along the way.

http://youtu.be/seEiSwntOWM

Thanks for the compliments on my build and my city.

Re: Fugsley - Front water ski rack added

It felt good to work on a bike again. I mounted the water ski front rack. Now it look like a full water ski with the front and rear racks.
Now, I need the weather to warm up so I can break it down and paint it.

Still haven't put the grips on either yooth. :wink:

WP_000900.jpg

WP_000901.jpg

WP_000903.jpg

WP_000902.jpg

WP_000905.jpg

WP_000906.jpg

WP_000907.jpg

Re: Fugsley - Front water ski rack added 1/15

Went for another ride today and at the park I had three 7 year old boys run over and talk to me for 15 minutes about what it took to build it. They are going to start a bike club and get some bikes from goodwill and fix them up. Pretty cool!

Shortly after that, I had this 80 year old woman tell me she liked my tires, then just when I was riding down my lane there was a group of 20 year old italian student tourists and they asked me to pose with the bike for photos. Cool ride!!!!!!

It's good to hear the kids in your area are even into bikes! My, almost 12 year old, daughter had three friends over this weekend and showed them my bikes, they could not have cared less, one of them was even a boy! GEEZE! When I was 12, I lived to ride my bike.

Encourage the youth, they'll be our pedicab drivers some day.... :roll:

BTW, Fugsley keeps getting cooler and cooler..

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks Tank!

I told the boys that I was about 8 when I got my first Craftsman tool set for Christmas. The first thing I did with it was work on bikes. I also told them that I am now 50 and I still work on bikes. The oldest said I looked more like 40. It must have been the coolness factor of the bike the made me look younger. :mrgreen:

Re: Fugsley - Getting ready for paint

Broke the bike down tonight to start prepping for paint.
It is funny how small the frame is for a bike that looks and feels so big.

WP_000914.jpg

kingfish254 said:

I felt the same way when I had the wheels off of my bike for paint. So does it get grips too?

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

I felt the same way when I had the wheels off of my bike for paint. So does it get grips too?

Yes, it will finally get grips. I even thought about cutting the steering tube and putting a stem inside of it and mounting some apes on it. But I am sticking with the standard permanent straightbar steering.

Latest posts

Back