First Build: Charity Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I call it charity case because my buddy started me off with a rusty frame that was sitting in his back yard.

IMG_0797.jpg

paint and finding parts...

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

I broke off the rusty acorn nuts so i welded on socket head M8 screws to the truss bars

IMG_0926.jpg

only thing i bought new was the seat... I love the Brooks B67, although after i bought it i came across several other seats ive been collecting for my next bikes. Funny how that worked out.

IMG_0935.jpg

Let me know what you think! Its part jc higgins, part schwinn... & i'm not sure of the frame???

I love this ride. Very simple, clean lines. Where did you get the wheels? Doesn't look like you put the chain on in the pic - have you ridden it yet?

I raced home after work today and installed the chain i got at my lbs, and road it up & down my block!!! Very smooth ride. Very excited to take it out in the nice weather we are finally getting here in oregon. I've accumulated lots of extra parts durring this build so.... I'm actually excited to see what I can pull off next!!! Thanks for the nice comments!!!

Lybtech said:
I love this ride. Very simple, clean lines. Where did you get the wheels? Doesn't look like you put the chain on in the pic - have you ridden it yet?

I picked up the wheels from someone on Craigslist. They are newer and off a box store beach cruiser, but for the price I had to pick them up. Got chain today from lbs. and it rides pretty smooth. My father in law stopped by and I couldnt get him off of it!

that bike came out looking good! nice work bro!

"My father in law stopped by and I couldnt get him off of it!".....lol

I think your going to have to build him one! with all this nice weather we are having you'll never get your bike back.

Latest posts

Back