Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my mostly-finished Ghostrider.

Ghostrider%20in%20PB.jpg

Photo0689.jpg

voodoo curse said:
Ok, I've been doing my research and I am slowly unravelling the mysteries of inconsistent tyre sizing systems, but some things are still doing my head in.

For example: The bikes in the picture above; is that a 24x3 tyre on the rear and if so, is that still a 26" rim or is it actually a smaller diameter rim than the front? In other words, does a 24x3 tyre go on a typical 26" cruiser wheel, or does it go on a 24" inch rim?

24 x 3 tires go on 24 inch rims, but they're the same height as a 26 x 2.125 on 26 inch rims.
That's why some bikes have a 24 x 3 in the rear and a 26 x 2.125 in the front.
24 x 3 and 26 x 2.125 wheels are interchangeable as long as there is room for the wider 24 x 3 tire.

Thanks GameBent. I suspected as much, but just from looking at pics it's quite hard to see if rims are the same size or not. Much appreciated :mrgreen:

That's a restored pre-war Mesinger long-spring saddle.
It's springy-er than having springer forks.

Bryman31 said:
Huffsta said:
Here is my Electra. Gonna add the front tray next. I love the fat franks

P1000030.jpg

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats my bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

actually thats the only other one ive seen on here its an awesome bike huh??

anyway did you buy it with that rear rack?? mine did not come with rear rack but DID come with the front one, i asked if they made a rear rack for it and was told no...........i want that rack!!!
I have the same bike with the front rack which was recalled. LBS drilled a new mounting hole for it. Then they the recalled it again due only being welded on one side. Anway, I added a stock Electra rear rack with a wood slat. Just had to bend the rack supports a bit to alighn with mounting holes. (CRUISER ALLOY/REGULAR WOOD REAR RACK (Black) 26" LADIES') That is what shows up on the Electra web site, don't remember it saying "ladies" when I got it. You will also need the rack type seat post bracket.

Here's the final version of my Ghostrider.

GR%20final.jpg

"Final"? Are they ever really done??? :mrgreen:

Looks great, though - nice job!

Hammond Eggz said:
"Final"? Are they ever really done??? :mrgreen:

Looks great, though - nice job!

Well, I don't want to update pics every time I change the valve covers, hehe.
Thanks for the accolades!

Wife's Rat Fink...she says it's over-the-top, but I think she still likes the comments she gets when riding it! :)

a5724453.jpg

527c5791.jpg

3f7ba6c5.jpg

9f6ceb5f.jpg

Latest posts

Back