duo-flex roadmaster.. DUO-FLEXMASTER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's some updated pics, but not yet finished with the bike.. still have more to do with it. hope you like it. enjoy.. 8)
2012-08-22173800.jpg

2012-08-22173820.jpg

2012-08-22173208.jpg

2012-08-22173138.jpg

2012-08-22173920.jpg

2012-08-22173906.jpg

2012-08-22173850.jpg

2012-08-22172749.jpg

added this center stand.
2012-08-22173109.jpg

and kingfish, this was my solution to the coaster arm brace, but still needs to make it more appealing, might cut the brake arm and the bracket i made so it won't take up much space.. its a little irritating for the eyes.. :?
2012-08-22173119.jpg

sorry for the crappy pics, next time i'll try to use a real camera. :D

i also added this nice repop badge and i can proudly say its "MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES", by some friends.
2012-08-22173239.jpg

Looking good buddy!
On the coaster brake arm. Could you have it point at 11 o'clock where it would be between the pivot bolt and the springer?
Or replace your current brake arm brace with some cool piece of metal, like a bottle opener or knife blade or something else.

kingfish254 said:
Looking good buddy!
On the coaster brake arm. Could you have it point at 11 o'clock where it would be between the pivot bolt and the springer?
Or replace your current brake arm brace with some cool piece of metal, like a bottle opener or knife blade or something else.

thanks for the tip, i will find something tomorow that will fit..

That way it becomes a design feature rather than a design flaw. :)

bon said:
freddyfingaz said:
I agree with y'all guys. Sometimes, we need to see others work to kick start our creative.

I have a question is there somekind swivel bolts that preventing bars and plates be locked together and rubbing each other?

freddy, mine are special bolts.and a lot simplier. i had them machined. i'll post soon a picture coz its hard to explain but once you see it, you'll know. i'll have to break apart the rear suspension in the next few days. watch out for it. :)

Sweet!

kingfish254 said:
Looking good buddy!

Balisong handle?

freddyfingaz said:
bon said:
freddyfingaz said:
I agree with y'all guys. Sometimes, we need to see others work to kick start our creative.

I have a question is there somekind swivel bolts that preventing bars and plates be locked together and rubbing each other?

freddy, mine are special bolts.and a lot simplier. i had them machined. i'll post soon a picture coz its hard to explain but once you see it, you'll know. i'll have to break apart the rear suspension in the next few days. watch out for it. :)

Sweet!

i can tear the rear suspension by tomorrow. where is Flexspyder? :D

jackdaw said:
kingfish254 said:
Looking good buddy!

Balisong handle?

that would be nice, will check if i got one.. thanks for the tip :D

i'm seeing a few Filipino comrades here eh :eek:

freddy and kingfish, here's the rear suspension bolt i used..

2012-08-24154430.jpg

2012-08-24154407.jpg

here is the bolt and the springer, inserted, on its side and then some.. :D
2012-08-24154504.jpg

2012-08-24154627.jpg

2012-08-24154531.jpg

as you can see, the body of the bolt is larger in diameter than the threaded portion, and the body when inserted in the springer arm overlaps. so when you insert it in the dropouts and tighten the bolt, the body serves as a stopper and the arm is swivelling freely. make sure that the threaded portion can be inserted in the original dropouts.. did you get it? sorry for my crappy description.. i hope the picture speaks for itself.. :D hope this helps for those future rear suspension builders..

and guys, this bolt is also useful for some springers that needs a plate to pivot. or for anything that pivots. ive used it in my columbia and monark springers and works very fine.

Great idea with that bolt!!!
Great to see how each person works through the engineering challenges of their builds.

i can tear the rear suspension by tomorrow. where is Flexspyder? :D

Sorry I missed this one. Well I'm still brainstorm to build rear suspension. I'm debating whichever I should do first buy rear tire to confirm how long plate arm should be or start with design spring housing. Lol

One thing I suggest for the first few rides with these home-engineered suspensions is the bring a couple of wrenches wih you. Stop and torque your bolts and nuts untill every thing settles in. In some cases you may even need jam nuts for pivot points.

freddyfingaz said:
I like ur swivel bolt better than mine Cuz it look much stronger and most likely won't have any clearance issues. Bravo!
This what I made...

SU1BRzAzODcuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzAzODguanBn.jpg

SU1BRzAzODkuanBn.jpg
freddyfingaz said:
Yea, that is definitely much simple. Good job!

yeah man, its simplier than the one you built and much stronger, yours might break the bronze pin, but nonetheless nice engineering right there! i like how you machined it perfectly. if you copy mine, probably it will look a lot better than the one i had made. :D

kingfish254 said:
Great idea with that bolt!!!
Great to see how each person works through the engineering challenges of their builds.

thanks king. i hope this helps a lot.

kingfish254 said:
One thing I suggest for the first few rides with these home-engineered suspensions is the bring a couple of wrenches wih you. Stop and torque your bolts and nuts untill every thing settles in. In some cases you may even need jam nuts for pivot points.

yeah you're right, and i think even though it doesn't have any modification, always make it a habit to bring some important tools with you if you're riding your bike far. :D

update..

just found these lying around and i'm contemplating on where to put them.. maybe an idea or two might help.. :D

the red tailight with plate light at the bottom is from the 50's, made by Guidex, i think some chevy pickups and harleys used them. the small one has harley davidson on top and might be a signal light.

2012-08-23081000.jpg

2012-08-23081021.jpg

2012-08-23081110.jpg

Hey buddy! How is Duo-Flexmaster doing?
Are you going to bring your wicked skills to Rat Rod Build Off 8 this year?

Latest posts

Back