dBd -- double Bar denim...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow you've been busy on this. Still digging the mint green wheels but they don't match the guard. Lights look really cool but a bit large especially from the side. Cool paint job on the sprocket.

Wow you've been busy on this. Still digging the mint green wheels but they don't match the guard. Lights look really cool but a bit large especially from the side. Cool paint job on the sprocket.
Thanks Chad. I have it sitting near my desk, this week, network and power went down two afternoons, so i had a minute to ponder the colors. I Have next week off, should be riding it again by then :)

I really dig the mint green wheels too, but The mint or the guard, and i like the guards patina with the rusty blue, green and red on the frame... I may color the wheels denim as well.

Spokes will be painted up to match the sprocket. Was thinking midnight copper, but it looks more like midnight or smoked bronze...

Speaking of which, that clear dried in 3 hours.. flash shows the base coat, as does sunlight.

I had a lot of catching up to do on this sweet build. Tons of cool stuff going on.

Seat is glued in.

Working on removing the nickel fron the trim and springs.

Had a friend ask me how to spray denim yesterday. I showed him the rings, a spray can of high strength adhesive and some clear plastic wrap.

Picked up a pair of pants and said, here's my denim paint.

Wapped with plastic wrap, the cinched a rope on it to put pressure on the glue/bond.

This is interesting!

Nice crafting MC! That saddle turned out great. Will be watching the rims....definitely an edgy technique there! Rat on!

Very cool! Did you have to punch holes for the spoke nipples?

Luke.
I tried the leather punch, but it didnt have the reach, so i ended up using an exacto knife on each of the 37 holes in each wheel. Wasn't as time consuming as it sounds, and only sliced my thumb once.

I'm seeing some 'Lee' or 'Levi' leather wrap grips in the future....maybe 'Wrangler'.....?

I'm seeing some 'Lee' or 'Levi' leather wrap grips in the future....maybe 'Wrangler'.....?
I was thinking a grip styled like the leather tags as well. If i had a cool name like Lee ;-) , you can bet I'd be pulling leather tags off a few old jeans to make the grips.

I Have a trip to Tandy planned this afternoon, will see what i find in scrap pile ;-)

Seat is back together. The de-chrome didnt remove as much as i wanted, but tarnish leaves a nice look.

Latest posts

Back