CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how close that tire is to the fork. Definitley a clean look!

This build is a real watcher

I like how close that tire is to the fork. Definitley a clean look!

Not much clearance there Bean! Looking good! Luke.

Nice fork set up but that's a tight fit around that tyre! Lookin good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just squeezes in...If it don't fit,smash it,jam it in any way you can... Love the fats...

Thanks for the comment guys and gal. Much appreciated :). The pic makes the clearance look less than it actually is, but I'm leaving the little bit extra on the fork tubes, so I can gain more clearance if needed, then trim them up later.

Off topic, but here is one of the reasons I won't be able to spend as much time on here during BONINE as I would like.....I'm playing 2 or 3 solo acoustic gigs every weekend, and I'm also working on our new home getting it ready to move into, and working on our current home getting it ready for sale :eek: :eek: :eek:.

P1010015.jpg

BEAN ROCKS!!
Literally!

Aaaaaaaargh!!!!!!..............I hate these freakin' build offs. I have had a firm plan in my head for this bike for months, but now that I've been looking at the bike, a whole different direction is looking possible..........it's making my brain hurt and I can't stop thinking about it.......:crazy2:

Wow I really like how this is going . The fork idea is awesom !

OK.............I did it!!..........no turning back.....

I've had two nights of restless sleep thinking about this idea. I sat down at looked at the bike for 20 minutes when I got home from work today, then broke out my trusty hacksaw.

So glad I decided to chop it!! I felt that with the rear frame gussets and the "tank" acting as a gusset, it would be strong enough. It seems pretty good........I'll weld the top tubes together where they come together and nearly touch, and reinforce around the chainstay/bottom bracket area. Maybe even fit a sprung saddle to absorb some energy.

Seat tube gone!!
P1010017.jpg

Modern Twin Bar
P1010021.jpg

Genius

Latest posts

Back