BOARD TRACKER RACING "parts bikes vs. customs"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Board track cycle builds will always be a winner!
Lets have the custom builders vs. the parts bike builders with a deadline of Christmas. That's a six week build.

My entry is on the parts bike side. A 1941 CWC frame is what I will build up.

HPIM5028.jpg

HPIM5029.jpg

"Board To Tears 2" is the tag on my cycle... here is the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=48159

Anyone is welcome to this no rules challenge.
Just be on the parts bike side Or the custom bike side.
Post a picture of what ur starting with on this thread along with the thread to ur build like I have done.
When the bike is finished post the photo here as well.
Good Luck & we will see some cool cycles here for sure :p

Good thread. I am starting with a 1962 JC Higgins Spaceliner, its almost done. Sulley

002.jpg

009.jpg

Its done, took it for a little ride, feels good.
002-6.jpg

I have a late 50s Hawthorne I have been working on. I unfortunately did not document my build with photos over the time spent building. I was hoping to have it done by the RRBO, but moving over the summer and our summer vacation trip interfered. If its cool I would like to enter it in to the parts-bike. Will get pics up tomorrow.

jdubbya said:
I have a late 50s Hawthorne I have been working on. I unfortunately did not document my build with photos over the time spent building. I was hoping to have it done by the RRBO, but moving over the summer and our summer vacation trip interfered. If its cool I would like to enter it in to the parts-bike. Will get pics up tomorrow.
Looking forward to seeing it!

Here are a few pics of my entry, weather is bad here today will get some better ones when the sun comes out.
I think this is a late 50s Hawthorne, was originally a coaster single speed. I added in a three speed freehub with rear hand brake. Not done with it yet gotta do the light conversion to led. Bike has been in the family since early sixties and had sat outside since 65 out in NM. Did a raw metal with clear coat and used the wheels from a Dunlett that was maybe from the late 60s. Has the OG Cornell Clipper's on it with Olympic Wright saddle. Seat post is a one piece crank arm with and axle bolting the post on through the pedal insert hole.
IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

Latest posts

Back