Bikes I built

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is some of the bikes mentioned in my intro.. the "Beer Bike" at the Peddlers fall show and swap 2007, it won best custom and best of show.
beerbike4.jpg
here it is at the 2007 Art of the Bike show at the Goaway Garage, freshly assembled, before the beer tapper handle grips
beerbike1.jpg
This is the "Aluma Sled", made of aluminum honeycomb composite, there is no tube frame. At 2007 Art of the Bike show.
sled1.jpg
sled2.jpg
Late night kruise and photo shoot downtown. the pieces of metal hangin on the rear panel are my stand holster, a chopped off tire iron, look close at the other pic. The "Beer Truck" for cardboard box night, the Coasters Thursday night pub pedal can be just too much fun.
cardboard1.jpg
Oh yea, I won the cardboard prize, Old Chicago gift card.
cardboard2.jpg
Then theres my lady Lora Mae's bike the "star chief" built with mostly her parts and ideas.
star1.jpg
Here are the bikes at the 2007 Midwest Bicycle Fest that Locojoe orgainizes, what a show!
beer_and_sled.jpg
This is the "Razor Bike", because it has been known to drawe blood if your not careful. I know I have the scars to prove it. This one was my first custom build after seen what some of the pub pedal people were building. I got some of the composite, some epoxy and a 67 girls Schwinn Breeze w/ 2speed kickback, chopped it up and built what I call my high tech rat bike. Cut out the panels, epoxy in the head and crank tubes, epoxy and bolt rear panel together , take the S seat and add 2 inches to it and double sided sticky tape a old piece of sheep skin on it and ride it.
razor2.jpg
Riden the Razor Bike through the fountain in Old Town.
razor3.jpg
. Well thats some of what I built. There will be others later. see ya Danperous dan

Thanks, just having fun with bicycles, everybody should.And the Beer Bike, the bike has about 85 different beer flavors bottle labels and cans, I had beer tastings at Coasters getogethers, and Art of the Bicycle show helpers setting up the show helped consume the beer so I could get the bike finished and to that show the next day. The labels were soaked off the bottles in HOT soappy water, let it soak a while, be patient and gentle. Sand the bike, undercoat with white. working a piece at a time(fenders, frame, fork) I used a product called Mod Podge (you 'll find it at the local arts and craft store), it is a ready to use sealer/glue for all surfaces, so why not on a bike. Its like a thin elmerS glue. brush it on, stick what you want on it and brush another layer, work out bubbles, let dry and coat again, directions say you can sand it? simple The possible drawback to this finish is when my bike got wet, a 10 minute rainstorm at MidWest Bike Fest 2007, The normally clear finish on the labels was turning milky. Just patted the water off and as it dryed, it tured back to clear. Perfect. Well thats what I know about the the dacapodge process. Have Fun. Dangerous Dan

Thanks!!

Never would have thought of modge podge for an outdoor type application. I wonder if a clearcoat would work after it cures? HHMMMM???

Thanks!!
:idea:

Adapt said:
You're my hero...
i thought you said i was your hero. lol.

man these bikes are great. ive seen these floating around online, im glad i can finally say great job. im totally in love with the art bike. check out my rag and bone if you havent yet. i think you'd appreciate the art value of it.

Wicked collection!!!

Back