A swissguy living in germany

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by SwissGuy, Jul 15, 2015.

1. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

Hi there,
    I'm a swiss guy, living in Berlin, germany, married to a beautiful wife and father of two boys (born 2012 and 2013). Currently I am working as teacher in a private primary school. I'm into bikes since my childhood days, always owning at least one at a time, most of the times more... I even made my military service in the swiss army as a member of the cyclist troups (funfact: the guy at min 1:35 in the linked video became my commander about three years after this report was broadcasted)!
    My first real build was a touring bike I put together in 1994 and still own and ride until today. After that, for a long time nothing happend until 2013 I started to build a vintage style trailer for my first kid. After that I restored (and pimped) a matching bike from the 50ties, after that I built a new daily out of the frame parts of a chinese cargo bike and from there on it got worse (at least according to my wife:wink1:).

I documented most of my first builds on tretharley.de (sorry, german only) and sometimes on instructables. I go there by "uersel".
    As I participated in BO 11 I shifted from documenting on tretharley more and more over here. So I think, this post (and thread) is a good spot to link together my different builds...

Currently I'm working on:

ClearOut (BO14)
    [​IMG]

And here comes my fleet:

My 50ties NSU with trailer (Also documented on instructables.com):
    [​IMG]

My chinese daily:
    [​IMG]

My swiss army bike (I did my military service on this one!):
    (I really need to take a better picture of this one...)
    [​IMG]

In 2015 I built this nice and practical ride: Capitan Terror (documented in german)
    SAM_1283~01.jpg

BO11 BarrelBanana Lowrider (2016) (finished thread)
    Build thread is here
    Meanwhile I took it apart for another project, which I never finished, because the (ruined) bottom bracket is putting up a good fight...
    [​IMG]

Started during the BO12 in 2017, finished in 2018: The Wolverine (thread 1) (thread 2)

[​IMG]

My very first self built bike (1994): Herkelman Trekking Rad, still in use (minus the trailer)
    [​IMG]

The EggBeater (BO13, 2018):
    [​IMG]

Neckermann folder (26") from the late 60ties/early 70ties, currently ridden by my wife, will probably be sold as soon as she has got another train station rider or be stolen soon (in Berlin every 7 minutes a bike ist stolen...)
    CameraZOOM-20180728102152324.jpg

Unfinished business:

The Swiss Cycl'o'path (started in BO12 in 2017, still hanging on the wall in the basement) Will not be finished, as the frame found another use....
    [​IMG]

Sold:

Bianchi Bersaglieri (1939 italian military bike, folding bike with full suspension and solid rubber tires) will travel to Indonesia soon together with the military attache...
    SAM_4582.JPG

Unknown 50ties tandem (will be rebuilt by someone else...)
    SAM_8950.jpg

Falter Cargo bike (frame was far beyond saving, so it was sold in parts)
    DSCN3802.JPG

NSU Ladies bike from the 50ties, got it for cheap on a flea market and back home I realized that the frame was broken, so it was sold in parts...
    SAM_5816.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  2. BARTO

BARTO

Wow, really nice bikes...welcome to the site

3. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Welcome aboard!

Luke.

4. Chief

Chief

Welcome/Willkommen--Alle paar Jahre Reise ich nach Deutschland.

Im Raum Dresden werden im Oktober für eine 7-Tage-Fahrradtour.

Meine Frau ist Deutsch, so dass es immer eine Gelegenheit, ihr Haus für ein wenig bekommen.

5. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

Just updated my intro with some of my other bikes...

RustyGold likes this.
  6. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

An again a quick update... :wink1:

7. arty dave

arty dave

Nice bikes! Dagnabbit...I just got back from 3 weeks in Berlin visiting with my daughter. Next time I'm there we should catch up for a ride/beer/coffee or the whole trifecta? What part of Berlin are you in?
    My daughter lives in Charlottenburg-nord

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    SwissGuy likes this.
  8. deorman

deorman

Welcome back. :cool2:

SwissGuy likes this.
  9. SwissGuy

SwissGuy

I'm located in Lichterfelde. That's not that far away.
    Next time you are around let me know. I usually have a bike or two on stock for a ride-out... :113:

deorman likes this.