A 1953 Lady's Schwinn Tornado and a Kustom Kruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these two at Busfest A big VW event here in England,
First I believe a 1953 Tornado.....
STP81458.jpg

STP81456.jpg

STP81455-1.jpg

...And a Kustom Kruiser ....

STP81441.jpg

STP81440.jpg

The Schwinn is a late 50s or later. The seat is wrong but very cool.
The Kustom is a real nice grab.
Two very night riding bikes. I guess you don't get alot of Schwinns by you.
Cheers,pal

Boris said:
Aaaaah! I see 10th of March 1960 maybe? :D

I think the "K" signifies October, not March, but it is 1960 for sure. An early 50's girls frame would have a short vertical tube welded between the two downtubes. Good find considering you are in England. Too few American built cruisers over there. Gary

Gary your right, I forget you guys do the month/date other way round to us 3rd October 1960 it is then!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Really Diggin that Kustom Kruiser !
Cheers mate! So am I, Its a beaut to ride! Its now my teenage sons bike and we are going to give it a Herbie theme!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Hey Boris, after seeing those last two blue bikes I don't feel sorry for you in "bike deprived" England anymore. Those look cutting edge to me. Keep after the old ones though. 8) Gary

Yeah thats right mate, you did! The other Kustom Kruiser I just 'found' yesterday in a second hand furniture shop in Darlington £75- !! :D :D

I think it is a 1953 ladies Schwinn Tornado, in spite of being a middleweight. I have owned mine (serial number H940303) since it was new...It looks like the chain guard has been painted over, and the seat is wrong...but otherwise they look like the same bike.

I got the bike for my 10th birthday -and it is really used, but all original.

Latest posts

Back