64 Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bearings and such cleaned up
64Gasser007-Copy.jpg

yoothgeye said:
What was your process for this?
About 30minutes of scraping all the built up gunk off..Then hit em with some red spray paint and then wiped it off...
I just had to do something about them being pinkish....

I might hit em wih a little thinner to tone down red a bit...

Crappy but neccasary mock up pics..White wheel is 24...Other is 26..@6 tire is too fat...Probably goin with chrome skinny tire 24..

64Gasser001-1.jpg

64Gasser003-2.jpg

Not really liking the handlebars...I would like to find some that are staighter with less drop....
Maybe I'll just put a piece of pipe in there...

Also toying idea of a 20" wheel in front....Gassers have that huge space in the front wheelwell...

Had to sread things out a bit for 3 spd wheel...Trying out a diiferent front wheel,I would like an older skinny ribbed tire.
But I got the space between top of tire and fork I was after ,just like the big gap gassers have from tire to fender..
Trying out some straaight bars,trying to stay away from the typical turned upside down track style...I am after all
going for the drag strip look.....Feel free to comment,throw different ideas my way...I can take it...

64Gasser004-1.jpg

64Gasser001-2.jpg

64Gasser007-1.jpg

64Gasser008-1.jpg

Peatbog said:
Handlebars made out of a small "I" beam with holes in it would be cool--would look like a straight front axle. Of course, that isn't something you are just going to find in a catalog!
Great idea.....

Thanks guys!!! I got lucky finding that seat,the faded red matches perfect....
I'm not digging the straight bars so much after looking at pics...Might just have to go with upside down ones...

Also found out spray paint doesn't work well on grips...It don't dry so well..hahahaha

Houndog said:
... Also found out spray paint doesn't work well on grips...It don't dry so well..hahahaha

If you try again on the grips, try krylon fusion for plastics. Who made that seat ? I'm looking for something similar. Looks awesome on that bike :D

CCR said:
Houndog said:
... Also found out spray paint doesn't work well on grips...It don't dry so well..hahahaha

If you try again on the grips, try krylon fusion for plastics. Who made that seat ? I'm looking for something similar. Looks awesome on that bike :D

Duh,I forgot about that paint.. The seat is a Persons,

I really like this build so far. Keep it coming!

Think I'll stick with the "drop" bars..Thinking of getting some white grips..
I have a brand new black shifter cable,but I think a white one would look better..

004-2.jpg

003-4.jpg

diggin this build dude! you know what would be cool for the shift handle? a glass doorknob with the brass fitting....thats what my dad had in his old t bucket

For the bars you could get some ladies comfort bars and bend the ends in so they are paralell with each other, then shorten them a little, they look fast like that, tilt them up a little for a bit of rake.

Back