1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

'38 Ford Pickup

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by bicycleguy, Mar 30, 2012.

1. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

I've haven't been on the forum in a while, busy with school, life, work and all that other stuff but I did start a new project to keep myself occupied. I found a '38 Ford pickup cab in pretty rough shape but it's good enough for me and the price was right. Plans are (but always changing) Chop it 5 1/2", channel it about 3" over a custom frame, straight axle in the front, 9" rear with posi, and probably a built 289 backed by a C4. I just want it bare bones, stripped down, loud, fast and mean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

If anyone is interested there is a little bit of history behind this cab. On the doors under 2 coats of paint it reads "Oregon State College School of Forestry" which is what Oregon State University used to be called back in the day. The dean of the school, a man named George Peavy used to own this truck and drove around in it everyday. http://www.oregonencyclopedia.org/entry/view/peavy_george_w_1869_1951_/

3. Kreep

Kreep

To keep yourself occupied? Looks like you got plenty :lol: The cab is looking great. Nice start to a project.Look forward to seeing more.Any updates on the Buick?
    -kreep-

4. That's the way we like 'em!

5. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

If I don't have a project or something to work on I start to go crazy, I've just been driving the buick when it's not raining and it seems to be doing pretty well.

6. ezernut9mm

ezernut9mm

oh heck yes, and with ford power. nice.

7. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

Ain't no way I'm putting a small block chevy in a ford. Finished all the welding on the roof and pillars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

That's lookin' good! 8) Always enjoy watching your builds :wink:

9. Nice clean work on the chop top! Has a nice flow to it. I take it this isn't your first one?

10. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

Actually this is my first chop, I have no idea what I'm doing but it seems to be working out alright... Knocked out the doors in 2 hours.

[​IMG]

11. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

Scored this front end today, it's off a '50 F1 pickup.

[​IMG]

12. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

13. deven_science

deven_science Pro Member

Sweet project!

14. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

NASA approved door lock mechs with .38 spcl inlays.

[​IMG]

15. ezernut9mm

ezernut9mm

sbf and cool details. you sir, are a pimp. thanks for keeping the faith.

16. bicycleguy

bicycleguy

Got a few parts at the swap meet today, 9" rear and a set of old school pie crust slicks on Ford steelies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. ezernut9mm

ezernut9mm

keep the old slicks and find some innies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ezernut9mm

ezernut9mm

man, those fe's are give aways. i have had lots of really good running 352 and 360 engines, but no one wants them. a well tuned one will net you about 14 mpg, but man they make good power. i am a true blue ford fe fan. and have seen some make stupid gobs of power. i think dollar for dollar the 429/460 will make more hp/tq than any other engine.
    i miss my old 68 f100. it had a 360 fe with just under 50k documented original miles. ran like a raped ape and had lots of bottom end torque. loved it.

[​IMG]