• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 1969 Men's 3 speed Raleigh Sports

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
up for sale is a 1969 Raleigh Sport. 3 speed sturmey archer. Front and rear brakes. The front still works as is! The back needs to be connected. I have the back cable and housing i will include. Repop Raleigh grips which would have been the ones in use. They were $17 on ebay. Will include the new gumwall 26x1 3/8 tires - they were $30.

Brooks saddle leather is toast, but the frame of the seat looks really good. minimal surface rust some steel wool wld take off in 5 mins.

The stem is a raleigh... i dont think anything was messed with in terms of parts. There is marring of the paint in places, but that looks to be from someone riding and using the bike. The paint that is there is quite good. No bends, fork is straight, i had it out this morning.

It is missing 1 screw in both the front and back to attach the fenders. I thought it was weird that the front and back both had one screw. A coincidence.

You will get the back wheel with a gumwall exactly as is shown on the front. The reason the backwheel is not on is because i am using it on another bike. :)

I am open to parting it out as long as the majority goes. I dont want to hold on to a bucket of parts.

I'd like $120 shipped to the east coast and $130 to any destination west of the mississippi. Paypal is preferred

0703161153a by bikiba posted Jul 3, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Oh, nice. That's too far to pick it up (I'm in NJ) but let me see how the holiday goes.... I'll PM you on Tuesday and let you know....

Oh, nice. That's too far to pick it up (I'm in NJ) but let me see how the holiday goes.... I'll PM you on Tuesday and let you know....

@Bicycle808 - ok - im ready when you are.

Bike is still avail for everyone else. Will wait a couple of days, but if anyone wants parts let me know and I will start preparing the menu.

I just got off the phone with the mechanic. My truck is gonna cost me too much money this week for me to get this bike right now.

I'll definitely be looking at it again on the 15th (next payday) if you still have it complete. But if you gotta part it, I get it. That's how these things go, sometimes. GLWS; we'll see what's up/what's left next friday.

blown apart prices + actual shipping. We can figure it out together.

Frame + fork : $25
Front + rear fender: $10
raleigh stem : $10
bars : $10
bars + grips : $20 - the grips were $17 by themselves
3 speed wheelset[ front and back ] minus tires : $20
3 speed wheelset[ front and back ] + tires + tubes : $30
chain guard: $10
raleigh crank + chainring: $10
seat + seatpost: $10

I am open to trades. Im looking for a modern pannier front rack for touring, touring pedals. open to anything new departure or corbin buttons pins whatever.

Latest posts

Back