1941 OCC Schwinn DX Hybrid "Generation Gap"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone asked for some decent outdoor pics a while back.Finally got them done after a ride today.
41dx001.jpg

41dx002-1.jpg

41dx003-1.jpg

41dx004-1.jpg

41dx005-1.jpg

41dx006-1.jpg

41dx007-1.jpg

wicked
Wicked
WICKED.!!

That came out REALLY nice! I bought two of those OCC's at a yard sale for my kids...they're about to outgrow them. So I'll be stripping them for parts...what did you have to do to get the forks to fit? I looked at them and there is some type of clamp that holds the top piece to the neck piece...?

JerseyRat said:
That came out REALLY nice! I bought two of those OCC's at a yard sale for my kids...they're about to outgrow them. So I'll be stripping them for parts...what did you have to do to get the forks to fit? I looked at them and there is some type of clamp that holds the top piece to the neck piece...?
the only thing I had to do is reduce the diameter of the bearing cup sleeves on a grinder,just a little to fit in the headtube.other than that it popped right on.I think i have pics of doing it in this thread.

I really like this, I'm doing a ratty build with the 20/24 OCC fork and like the smaller one better. The way yours sits is the same stance I would prefer over mine, great job.

Latest posts

Back