█★█ starsNbars █★█ 38 Hawthorne Twin Bar 5 Bar ☠ - Red White and RUST - Tied for 7th Place

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a cool "Built To Last" spoke card

$(KGrHqJ,!qIFEkc1q6!BBRwJ7J0dug~~60_57.jpg

Found something to use for my shifter knob
$T2eC16F,!)sE9swm(sR6BRPOBQUp+!~~60_57.jpg
$T2eC16V,!ysE9sy0iOZ8BRPOBgWw0Q~~60_57.jpg

Red housepaint and fat creme colored tires... Like my BO9 bike... :39: I'd better get to stripping mine soon to avoid any confusion! I can see a conversation somewhere out there going like this... "Yeah... King...uh - King... somebody, is building this killer bike on the Rat Rod bikes forums. It's red and has fat off-white tires. Go check it out! Only to have the guy stumble across my pile of crap bike instead of this... :oops:

Red housepaint and fat creme colored tires... Like my BO9 bike... :39: I'd better get to stripping mine soon to avoid any confusion! I can see a conversation somewhere out there going like this... "Yeah... King...uh - King... somebody, is building this killer bike on the Rat Rod bikes forums. It's red and has fat off-white tires. Go check it out! Only to have the guy stumble across my pile of crap bike instead of this... :oops:

I don't think you have to worry about anyone thinking the Defiance is a pile of anything. That's one classy build so far. We even both have drum brakes.

Man, I'd like to sneak into where-ever it is you keep all this stuff and just look around.

Bike is looking great! Rg

It's all bought with Fred Sanford Dollars too.

I don't think you have to worry about anyone thinking the Defiance is a pile of anything. That's one classy build so far. We even both have drum brakes.

Welllll... Technically, it is a pile again. After doing a pretty thorough mock-up, I tore it back apart to strip the awful red housepaint. Gonna try the naked route with a clearcoated bare metal finish!
Thanks for the kind words! With a decent set of mountain levers my drums feel pretty good!

I will definitely be using the card. I'll have to wait and see on the patch and the mini bust. They are all on the way, but I'll have to see what works with the build and what doesn't.

nice your taste is as always excelant!! you figure out the reflectors yet? maybe build a cut jig for a dremel?

T

nice your taste is as always excelant!! you figure out the reflectors yet? maybe build a cut jig for a dremel?

T

Not sure on those yet, but I have some ideas. I need to put a chain on this and get the feel of it. I want this to be my main rider, so I want to check to see how the gearing is with the smaller ring. I may end up with the larger non-jeweled star ring that I have.

Not sure of shifters yet, but I am thinking of mounting this Iverson shifter that I got from @ilikebikes on the seat tube.

index.php

Use a dogleg crank from one of the bikes that I bought from @Wildcat and threw on the perfect red and white block pedals that I got from @dogdart

View attachment 2801 View attachment 2800
View attachment 2797

I really need to find some replacement 1/2 reflectors for the green ones. 2 White and 2 Blue would be cool or 3 Blue or 3 White. Anyone know where to get 1/2 reflectors at?

View attachment 2798

How about motorcycle license plate reflectors?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271426908209?redirect=mobile

Latest posts

Back