“Miss Fit” – Café Racer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While riding “Miss Fit” around the local college campus this afternoon, a group of students called-out saying that it’s cool, nice and so forth. I decided to stop and let them ride it, one of the students’ dad’s owns a 60’s era British café racer and when he got off it said it felt like his dad’s café racer! I took this as a complement and Badge of Honor.

Question: is it possible to have a Rat Rod Café Race Bike? She does incorporate road bike components with touring and mountain bike elements. But, does that make her a café racer? You decide.

MissFit20122.jpg

BTW I was wearing shorts!

Thanks for your input guys, it’s appreciated and that’s exactly what I’ll do. Off goes the tall sissybar and it’ll be replaced with a short; this change should enhance her sensuous looks greatly. :wink:

I have some Kenda slicks that are copies of old road racing rubber, they'd kill on the "cafe," racer style. $40 bones off Amazon.

The use of a Raleigh Chopper saddle will be used (if one can be found) to further enhance the café racer look. What do you guys think?

mikeeebikey, thanks for the idea; it'll be looked into.

raleigh-chopper.jpg

ZygoteLittle said:
The use of a Raleigh Chopper saddle will be used (if one can be found) to further enhance the café racer look. What do you guys think?

raleigh-chopper.jpg

I'd try to find a Ross Apollo seat, has more of a cafe racer look to it.

outskirtscustoms said:
ZygoteLittle said:

raleigh-chopper.jpg

I'd try to find a Ross Apollo seat, has more of a cafe racer look to it.

Indeed! Thanks for the heads-up, outskirtscustoms!

Verrt said:
ZygoteLittle said:
But, does that make her a café racer?

Only if you can get her to join the Ton Up Club
:shock: 100-MPH on a bicycle – I’ll give my best – GULP :!:

Found one, will call this afternoon for availability. The Apollo saddle is perfect for this bike and I thank you all for your help. 8)

Will post pics when complete – you guys know how long these things can take – we are a patient bunch – sort’a. :wink:

Quick mock up for you, just switch seats, no other changes:

10556335616_fa31f0dfe5_z.jpg

Personally I would move the seat back and down a bit by making or buying a layback seat post, make it look even more like a cafe racer:

10556571643_d0fdbe1a59_z.jpg

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Quick mock up for you, just switch seats, no other changes:

Personally I would move the seat back and down a bit by making or buying a layback seat post, make it look even more like a cafe racer:

10556571643_d0fdbe1a59_z.jpg

Luke.
WOW! Thanks for the mock-up, Luke!

STOKED :!: :!: :!: :D

The deal on the saddle fell through due to an impasse on delivery costs’. :?

No big deal, there are others and besides, I can build my own if need be. :mrgreen:

A little off-topic, but, relevant:

In searching CL for the Apollo seat this rare 1974 Ross 10-speed muscle bike showed-up, I’m not in the market for another bike, but I thought it should be shared with you guys.

http://providence.craigslist.org/bik/4130844910.html

ZygoteLittle said:

In searching CL for the Apollo seat this rare 1974 Ross 10-speed muscle bike showed-up, I’m not in the market for another bike, but I thought it should be shared with you guys.

Cool bike but I'm not liking it at $425.

outskirtscustoms said:
ZygoteLittle said:

Cool bike but I'm not liking it at $425.

Agreed!

The date stamp on the post is 10/15 so he might be open to dicker.

It is a cool bike nonetheless.

Latest posts

Back