Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. sojudave

Women's vs. Men's bikes

Thanks for the info y'all. I tooled around on the bike again, and it's ridiculously comfy. Gonna paint it OD green and use black components. On past bikes, I've bedlined the rims and they come out looking pretty gnarly. I'll post it in the build forum once I get started.
  2. sojudave

Women's vs. Men's bikes

I got my hands on a pink Hungarian Schwinn lady's cruiser. Anyway, I was taking it for a test ride and it feels different than my old men's cruiser. It feels like I am sitting above the pedals more and that the bottom bracket is lower to the ground. I'm not mad at it. It's pretty comfy. Anyway...
  3. sojudave

Lowrider mountain bike?

you mean like this?
  4. sojudave

Cool E Bicycle

Yoooooo! That is an awesome bike! What motor kit are you using? I've seen it here quite a bit, but I am used to seeing the one's built into the front wheels.
  5. sojudave

Geisha Gang's Street Find

You're rocking a 7" crank right? Are you having clearance issues with the lowrider forks?
  6. sojudave

I recently gave my old Mad Max looking beach cruiser to a homie at work. In the garage, I have a pink women's beach cruiser and I am planning on reworking it. I am thinking of throwing on a springer front end, IDK if it'll be lowrider forks or not.
  7. sojudave

Those lowrider forks are trippy to ride on. The rake and trail are out of whack and you end up steering the bike more than leaning it. I've also found the springs are extremely soft so there's a lot of give. What I did on an old project of mine was remove the spring and cut a piece of pipe to a...
  8. sojudave

Lack of Grease in new Pacific Wally World Bike!

Always go through your Targmartademy bikes. They're cheap and make fun platforms for custom builds but remember, they're built by folks who happen to land in that particular department for the day's shift or whatever.
  9. sojudave

Show Off Your Finished Huffy Cranbrook's and Nel Lusso

I had a cranebrook once... I miss it. Here's a vid.
  10. sojudave

Any Cruiser clubs in ATX

I am with you. My bike isn't a speed demon and can be pretty taxing on the old quads. There are groups that do weekly rides: Social Cycling Austin. But that isn't really what I am talking about. I'm talking a club that caters to cruisers.
  11. sojudave

ratty fixed gear

That's how I tore my ACL. Skid stopping a motorized fixie is a chore. :thumbsup:
  12. sojudave

ratty fixed gear

It was an 80.00 bike from Academy. Kauhuna Cruiser or something like that.
  13. sojudave

ratty fixed gear

Hahaaaa! Absolutely no downside for me. That's for sure. I think I'll be adding custom grips this weekend. Maybe I'll order a low profile german motorcycle helmet too.
  14. sojudave

ratty fixed gear

Hey Bicycles808, I had my bike in a similar configuration. I was using some very small bars inverted with red Oury grips. I eventually traded those bars out with more traditional cruiser bars. It was pretty funny because I mentioned the weight of my bicycle to my brother-in-law (a triathlete)...
  15. sojudave

ratty fixed gear

The tires are 2.125 Sunlites. I got them from Amazon. This makes me feel a bit bad because I think my favorite bike shop in Austin, Longhorn Bikes had to close. I ain't saying my purchase put the nail in the coffin, but I could have ordered them through the bike shop. Heres the link anyway...
  16. sojudave

ratty fixed gear

I've had this bike in various forms for 10 years now. The frame is at least that old. At one point it had a motorized kit on it. The apes aren't much newer. The rear hub is a sealed bearing flipflop hub I got for Xmas 5 years ago. The chain and sprocket are about 6 months old. The seat is 2...
  17. sojudave

Any Cruiser clubs in ATX

In Austin, there's a ton of folks on bicycles. I know there used to be a group called Austin Kroozers or something like that but its been years. Anybody know of any bicycle clubs in Austin that don't involve 5000.00 road biks & spandex?
  18. sojudave

Austin Bike Farm

Yes it is for profit. Other than the Yellow Bike Project, it's the only place in town to buy new or used parts and bikes.
  19. sojudave

Austin Bike Farm

So I took some of my old parts over there. I wanted to get started on my chrome huffy. What I ended up doing was walking away with a used GT! It's ratio is 42:16. Say what? That's what I was shooting for in the first place! So a couple of days later I took my bmx parts over to them as well since...
  20. sojudave

Austin Bike Farm

I write for a local website and came across the Austin Bike Farm. It's essentially a bicycle salvage yard in Austin, TX. Plus they got a sweet ramp in the back. Here's the link to my article. They got a little bit of everything. For what it's worth, two of the three employees commute 10 miles...
Back