Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

want to add a chain tensioner to Cranbrook

You need grease on your threads, a good washer, and a good ring spanner to get correct torque on the nuts. no washers on inside of axle!also check your cones are locked off!
  2. J

Villiers beach cruiser

Everything about your bike is so insanely much better than those kit engine bikes. artistically and functionally.
  3. J

Atomic Flyer BMX cruiser

Good Stuff! that's what I'd like to see more of- frames with rat rod aesthetics but sensible geometry!
  4. J

Whippet

ok, i see now how the fibreglass will stiffen what you've got there
  5. J

Whippet

HEY P.B! good to see that project you were telling me about! it already looks incredible in just raw steel, if I were you, I'd seriously consider stopping there, but I know how you like t work- so I guess plastic fantastic it is! I reckon some smoother curves in the fork would be nice though...
  6. J

Phantom Menace

this bike is quite possibly the coolest bike I have ever seen ever. a real hotrod. I want to make one, if only i could get the parts! well done!
  7. J

New lightweight "performance" BMX Klunker

Here is a bike I made for exciting commuting to work, based on a cheap aluminium Raleigh cruiser frame Sorry for lack of detail shots, I am in sweden and can't take more pictures! handlebars are new Pit bike motocross thingys, forks and stem old GT 26" cruiser, 180mm Sugino75 cranks from road...
  8. J

Archie Klunker

wow. I will have to send you a picture of my new clunker.
  9. J

headset reaming

You overestimate the quality of bike shops in my country's main city! (Auckland, New Zealand)
  10. J

headset reaming

Hi has anyone ever made their own reamer for reaming out the cup seat on an 1"1/8th headtube in an aluminium frame? I cut some off the bottom of my headtube to fit a shorter steerer and now the narrow stepped bit is too close to the end for the cup to bed down on the face. I don't want to grind...
  11. J

ESSO Tiger Grips

These are amazing. Is it the same Esso that made marine engine oils? I have a collection of Yachting magazines 1930s through 1950s. There are some really cool Dr. Seuss illustrated adverts for engine oils in them that remind me of the style of these. you should look them up. that 40s comic...
  12. J

GT BIKE

second thoughts, the frame itself looks pretty darn modern
  13. J

GT BIKE

those forks and cranks look like good quality 80s. maybe it's early 90s? some of the high end bikes back then looked like middle range bikes much later
  14. J

Starbard Deluxe

wow such nice frame and wheels,........ but the bars look like they'd kill your back from hunching backward and downward
  15. J

1981 Laguna BMX Super Cruiser

oi did you sell this puppy?
  16. J

RatDecó **DONE, NEW PICS**

are the rod brakes going back on? if you got good round rims you'll probably find them more reliable and effective in the long run. more comments too!
  17. J

Mr. Poopypants

Is that a raleigh mustang frame? Its such a genuine bike, I love it. your knees must be a bit close to the bars though. I'd paint the wheels plain black.
  18. J

Projet coty class CC "Treesome"

whoah...can you put some closer pictures here that show mechanical details like the steering linkage and the gear lever linkage?
  19. J

The Swing Thing (updated 8/11)

Re: The Swing Thing (paint preview) sweeet! i loved the look of the spidery bare metal and brazing with the gussett holes.. i might have to try that look out. the paint looks quite nice, curious to see how it looks when together. Is there a reason for the short crank?
  20. J

Diamondback street rod now JOSCAT'S CAFFEINACHRONISM RACER

I think it was "Quick- Dry" Maroon. but a nice reddy maroon, not too purple. I would have called it a dark red.
Back