Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Quanah

Trike Fenders

I would put a motor on it too, just oosin' down the road.
  2. Quanah

Trike Fenders

Does anyone know who this person is who builds these trikes?
  3. Quanah

Schwinn canti BMX

I remember when Schwinn came out with the bmx. Spelled the end for Stingrays. Always loved that Collegiate green.
  4. Quanah

old school double fork chopper

Reminds me of when I was young. I've seen 5 cutoff forks hammered on.
  5. Quanah

My Boardtrack Style Gas Bike

Yes Moisstink, I've put around 100 miles on it by now. I keep tinkering with it and making it better. I couldn't be more pleased with the motor, runs really strong.
  6. Quanah

My Boardtrack Style Gas Bike

Here's a few pics of my latest bike build. Been wanting to put a motor on a bike for a long time. It's along way from done, but here's how it looks right now...I have shortened the cables and put on the bike chain since these pics.
  7. Quanah

Lets see your dual brake setups

Luke, that's a good looking lever, I'm just needing something that looks much more rustic.
  8. Quanah

doorman, thanks for the leads. Fabbing up one like in the first on that list wouldn't be too difficult. I know that putting 2 caliper brakes on a boardtracker wouldn't exactly look like the 1920's. I should have a 16'' Lemon Peeler front wheel with an Atom drum brake around here, but I can't...
  9. Quanah

wheelbender6 disc brakes were lighter, were more powerful and dissipated heat a whole lot better. You're right though, I really like the looks of drum brakes better.
  10. Quanah

c.p.odom 270mm is 10.62'', that is a large drum. That on a 19'' or 18'' wheel, those spokes would be short!
  11. Quanah

I've seen a lot of old Ducati road race bikes, 250 and 350's with Grimeca brakes on the front, that seems to have been a hot setup.
  12. Quanah

Right side shifting would be my biggest hurdle. I have a 1966 Ducati 250 Scrambler with a right side shift which I am rebuilding...I haven't ridden it yet, will take a lot of concentration. I've only ridden 3 or 4 bikes that shift on the right, got scary in a panick situation.
  13. Quanah

What year is that Triumph? From what I see, it looks sweet. They sound sooo good!
  14. Quanah

wheelbender6 The caliper that mounts behind the fork will be backwards, so the cables would be on opposite sides. I'm likin' the looks of that BSA setup. Boardtrackers had no brakes, but I can't hardly get by with that, nor would I want to. They didn't have a throttle either, only a kill switch...
  15. Quanah

Thanks c.p.odom, I can fabricate something like that on the BSA. Never saw anything like that before...don't really remember seeing any drum brakes with brake arms on each side... 2 on one side , pretty common. Thanks again for the article.
  16. Quanah

That one that Pauls has is beautiful c.p.odom, but would look out of place on a boardtracker...way too high tech.
  17. Quanah

Well wheelbender6, this is the setup I plan to use on the front of a motorized boardtrack bike build. My project is in it's infancy now, still working out all the details in my head. These brakes are awfully weak, especially if you are used to V-brakes...but if you use 2 of them they should be...
  18. Quanah

Thanks Blown240. I have been looking at that one...it looks better than some I have seen. Budgetwise, that is the way to go. I would really like to use this Problem Solvers gizmo, but it is expensive.
  19. Quanah

Found this pic, for a Sears Screamer. One of the calipers would have been for a parking brake. I would like to run 2 caliper, (side pull), brakes on the front wheel. Has anyone had good luck with a lever that pulls 2 cables?
  20. Quanah

I've been thinking about doing a double caliper brake setup on the front wheel for awhile now. One caliper on the front of the fork in it's normal position, and one behind the fork on the same stud. I remember seeing a picture here on RRB's of someone who had put 2 caliper brakes on the rear...
Back