Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. thechopperguy

Thanks Dad!

Thanks for the link and the kind words. Yes, the bike was free, so the only money I have in it now is for the tires, tubes, rim strips, and headset bearings. I'd prefer some black grips and I'm sure I can find some. Maybe I'll find some at themotorcycleguy's garage when I take some of his...
  2. thechopperguy

Thanks Dad!

Your wife said you already have way too many bikes and that I should come over and take some of them.
  3. thechopperguy

Thanks Dad!

The badge is missing, but the chain guard is definitely Colson. My Dad also remembers it being a Colson...he's old but he's still sharp as a tack. :) What you see is the cleanup picture. It's cleaned up as good as it will get without repainting, and from here the only thing I plan to do (as...
  4. thechopperguy

Thanks Dad!

Thanks for the picture. The paint on the front fender looks the same, so it could very well be original.
  5. thechopperguy

Century find

That's a cool looking bike!
  6. thechopperguy

Thanks Dad!

I don't think it's original paint, although where it's flaking off it's bare metal underneath, so it could be.
  7. thechopperguy

Thanks Dad!

My father, who is 84 years old, grew up in a small town south of Pittsburgh, PA. Working for the US Forest Service, he moved around a bit before finally settling in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where I grew up. Some time ago when he was visiting his family in PA, he found his old bicycle...
  8. thechopperguy

New daily ride ...Update!

Wow, you've built up quite the stable in a short time! Cool bikes.
  9. thechopperguy

Noob from Green Bay WI

Did you find a bike? I saw a couple of bikes in your yard yesterday.
  10. thechopperguy

Noob from Green Bay WI

Hey all, I'm a FNG in Green Bay, WI. When I was about 12 I got a 1967 Schwinn Ramshorn Fastback 5-Speed from a neighbor for helping with some yard work. I rode it for a couple of years and then of course tore it apart and rebuilt it as a different style bike and sold it. If only I'd kept...
  11. thechopperguy

New guy in WI

Welcome! 8)
Back