Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Bize

LukeTheJoker's Intro and Links. BIG MOVES!

Re: Hello from country Victoria, Australia! Mental! Keep it up man.
  2. Bize

Australian Members: A few questions [closed]

Re: Australian Members: A few questions I'll put this down as a fail, but thanks for your response LukeTheJoker. :)
  3. Bize

Australian Members: A few questions [closed]

Hey guys, this is for any fellow Australians on here. I'm doing a course and one of my assignments creating a survey for a selected "target market". I like bikes, so I figured this is as good a "target market" as any. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. . . Now for the dorky bit (It's a...
  4. Bize

Hi From Australia

I'm back Hey guys. I've been away for something like a year, so I thought I'd say hello rather than just sneaking back onto the forum :)
  5. Bize

Brutto Jnr

Well I haven't been on this forum for months. . . and I haven't done any more work on this bike either :oops: That said I do still intend to finish it. Once the weather warms up again, I'll start on prep and paint.
  6. Bize

This is why I love where I live

Nice XT Rusty! It's funny that both my dirt bikes are XRs as I'm a total Yamaha nutter!
  7. Bize

Wish it was mine...~~ Vintage Pedal Cab ~~

Oh. And I'm also assuming its a replica. Especially as its brand new and priced that same as what you'd expect to pay for any Chinese/Taiwanese made, generic brand bike.
  8. Bize

Wish it was mine...~~ Vintage Pedal Cab ~~

I saw this Korean? military trike at a surplus store nearby. It absolutely intrigued me an part of me wanted so much to buy it, but a good look at it dissuaded me. And example of the quality: the front hub appears to be made of cast iron. I do love the size of the cargo area.
  9. Bize

"Hit By A Truck" Firestone Pilot

"Hit By A Truck" Firestone Pilot Lol. That's cool man
  10. Bize

Brutto Jnr

Cheers. It's a "half link" chain and the flat outer edge is for freestyle BMX, for things like ramp edges. I just really dig the look of them. DK make one where the outer edge is actually covered over, so it's a bit armadillo like. That's very cool.
  11. Bize

Brutto Jnr

So you may have seen that I recently built my first bike; the "Brutto". Anyway a mate of mine really liked it and asked me to build him one, but using a 16" wheeled BMX as the donor bike. I liked the idea, so here I go. . . . I got it like this: This is the inspiration: Strip down...
  12. Bize

Rim painting/scratch prevention?

+1 on the week cure time. If you're really worried about fitting the tyres: protect the rim with a layer of cloth (you might call it gaffer?) tape.
  13. Bize

Stretched Kandy Kruiser

Hmmm. Auto word replacing. I didn't realise that "...." was a rude word. Sorry :)
  14. Bize

Stretched Kandy Kruiser

.... that's cool
  15. Bize

Faux oil tank

I don't know whether you can actually achieve this with paint, but it'd look sweet if it looked like it was made of brass
  16. Bize

What do you guys think?

Personally not a huge fan of contrived aging, but aside from the "rust" I really do like the paint and overall you've made the bike look so much better.
  17. Bize

This Schwinns A Keeper

Yep. That's pretty cool!
  18. Bize

oxalic acid, what is it?

Here's some extra information specifically for the Australian members on here looking for Australian sellers: I searched around for wood bleach, but only found ready to use liquids that are less than 10% oxalic acid and often contained other acids too. Web searching came up with the same...
  19. Bize

This is why I love where I live

It's a Backwoods. I got it so long ago I was blown away that the previous owner had put suspension forks on it (they're the original Rock Shox). I used to be pretty serious into trail riding and loved this bike even though it'd actually a little to big for me.
  20. Bize

Higgins RatLiner

You're right about the white tyres. They do make the bike seem bright! :D You've tied in the chain wheel and chain guard together nicely.
Back