what rat did you ride today?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
it was a super nice morning here in Omaha, so I thru this rat in the van and drove over the bridge into iowa for a ride.
just built this one yesterday from all my spare parts from bo-ten. rides great. put 10-15 miles on it. nice large frame hawthorn.

so what rat did you ride today?

Nice bike, and sounds like a nice ride. So far today, I drove out to the bikeshare to pick up a new project (S&M Next Generation DirtBike; probably late 90s/early 2000s)... then I rode my old Emory Robot-Built up to the bike shop for some advice about the weird issue with the S&M (topic for another thread!), and then to the deli for a Corned Beef Special. I gotta work tonight; gotta leave in about 10 minutes. I think I'll ride the '71 SchSchwalbes just the other day. (It's about 6 miles each way, but if i leave now and take something with knobbies instead, I can cut thru some trails...)

Rode my motorized bike today. Haven't rode it much and am still trying to break in the engine.:)
100_9180_zps4gnhaca7.jpg

100_9159_zpseqic9y3g.jpg

Rode my motorized bike today. Haven't rode it much and am still trying to break in the engine.:)
100_9180_zps4gnhaca7.jpg

100_9159_zpseqic9y3g.jpg
Not to shabby , or do I say it looks Kinda shabby o well either way it's a complement . I would like to own one of those some day !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent a little time getting the kink out of the fork in this:
IMG_0418_zps0y41hqn7.jpg

The fender still isn't fitting right but other than the braces having to be bent, it isn't that bad.
DSCN4587_zpszsufq54e.jpg

DSCN4588_zpsjrjzdnwo.jpg

I think I mighta put too much rake in it. Well, at least it rides straight and hands free is possible.

And went for a ride around the neighborhood tonight in all the fireworks smoke.
Decided my new USB chargeable head and tail light worked best on the pulse mode.

Will the braces attach to the front axle instead? More rake should have helped with the length problem.

Will the braces attach to the front axle instead? More rake should have helped with the length problem.
The eyes are too small, and where it attaches is the correct spot. However.. Spreading the eye and attaching to the axle is a possibility I will have to explore...Thanks for thinking of it for me! The bike has it's own thread somewhere... Only a junk 3 speed..

I just noticed 3 out of four posters here have similar headlights!
Cool rides, everyone!

I had a couple old Hercs like that, and that's the right fender for that bike. Unless they bought a replacement brace that was too long, I can't figure how it's too long.

Despite thinking that I was finished with this project bike, I just came up with an idea for a fork-mounted headlight bracket for it:

...so I rode it about 9 miles today, including a trip to the hardware store. The bracket will (in theory) hold and partially cover the barrel of a 200 lumen mini-flashlight, which outperforms any bicycle-specific LED headlight I've bought in the past two years!

I can't decide if I want to spend the first sunny day we've had in a while outdoors, or in the garage and basement workshop. If I decide to ride somewhere tonight I can always ride another bike with a light, or use my "auxiliary light bar" that quickly and easily mounts on this bike or my "stretch tandem."

Broke out "Bad Apple" yesterday for a short 1 mile ride (that's about all my back could take).

Then rode a couple more on this Murray Fleetline (much more comfortable):

I like that bad Appel , she looks pretty sweet for being so dam bad !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i took my bo-ten bike "liberty" out for a 5 mile ride, after some modifications were made. hard for me to put a bike in the finished thread, because I am never finished modifying.. laced up my bendix 2-speed, and put some smaller handlebars on. sure makes the hills easier.

Latest posts

Back