(MBBO Class 1) Hot Purple Valiant!! ( done.. ) )

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to decide whether to make a dagger shifter arm, or round curved. It will have a hurst T shift handle on the top. That chunk of stainless is 12" corner to corner. Thoughts???

Round curved will be sprocket edged. Dagger would be bevel ground on the face...

Last edited:
Based on my new plan for the chain guard, I think I will go with round. Can match chain guard to shifter that way...

Found a can of plastic dip spray in my box of rattle can, will be painting the mounting with that to not Mar the paint as bad.

More to come.

Got the teeth hashed out.

Center punched. With rhe great dane back talking cuz I was making noise. :)

And ready to drill the pilot holes, 32 of them. Set the press at slowest speed and will use oil in order to keep my bits cutting and sharp. Also, safety is big, I've had pieces flip off and instaburn to my arm before, and had pieces bounce off the goggles.

Decided to start cutting out the hole for the shifter connect.

Why the name change? Have 6 of these plymouth valiant dog dished, restored 5, this ones in the worst shape and been using it as a parts washer in the garage for years. Chain guard, and shifter centerpiece and trim from this.

I look forward to seeing that shifter finished. Cool idea.

I love that shifter! Looks like a bone saw.

I have to be careful not to warp it when I polish it. Gonna have to cut the chain guard before I can polish. I need to line up the hashes for the shifter to mark trim mounting holes and drill them. Then can add the mirror shine.

One of the more creative shifters I have seen in a while. Excellent execution too!

Latest posts

Back