Who rides everyday?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride everyday to work and on the weekends if I am in town. My commute is just 2 miles so I have no excuses whether it is 14F( this morning) or a little snow.

IMAG0002.jpg

udallcustombikes, sheesh! We aren't allowed to have a camera anywhere near the place here in San Antonio ... I guess because of the military programs. Kool photos!

cman, that is hardcore! Did you stud the tires on that bike?

~ Dave

I've rode everyday since May. My commute to work is about 2 miles each way. I drove my old truck today...it was 1 degree this morning with icy roads and my wife begged me to drive. My ride is a Trek Woody.....love it. On the really cold days....how do you stay warm without sweating too much under the pullover hood and heavy coat? And what about "studded tires"? At 54 years old a fall on the ice wouldn't be good. My co-workers think I'm crazy but I not finished riding yet. Thanks for the awesome website. Gary

CycleTruck said:
cman, that is hardcore! Did you stud the tires on that bike?

Yes those are studded tires. They don't help much in snow like that day but they help lots on hard pack snow and ice.

I don't ride every day. But I do get in a few thousand miles a year, and have been since about 1985.

I have no driver's license, so yes, I ride my bike(s) every single day for commuting and shopping. Living near the dutch coast I'm used to windy weather, no sweat! But that is the reason all my bikes have gears, or I would be lost :mrgreen: Basman with Nexus 7 is favourite ofcourse, but I still enjoy my Ghostrider a lot in better weather.

...thanks for all the posts, I took these pics yesterday, it's a bike trail that used to be the old, now defunct, Illinois Central railroad. There's about 8 miles of it that runs south of my town. Still pretty green for mid-December, I ride here a lot...looking north
bikes210.jpg

looking south
bikes211.jpg

Latest posts

Back