Yard Sale Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Today there was the neighborhood yard sale weekend here by my house.. So the wife and I got up early and we hit the yard sales.. After a few blocks and hitting some of the houses for deals the wife and I were walking up to this one house and I spotted this chrome bmx bike.. I asked if it was for sale and they replied "Yes".. I ask how much and they replied $25 and so I offerd $20 and they said "Ok".. I looked it over and noticed it was an 84 GT Pro Series 20" with some cool goodies on it.
Here is the deal of the day..

Did that laid back seat post come like that from the factory? If so, first bent post I've seen from the factory. Gary

Yes sir, I rode some of those! Nice find!
The layback posts were around then, pretty sure it's not stock, but we all ran them! So they all got switched..that post will work awesome for a cruiser...
What bars are those? For some odd reason my mind keeps saying they are not GT????? They will have their logo if they are. But. I thought gt knees savershad a lower cross bar.

NICE! Looks like it should clean up pretty well too, most of that rust appears to be only surface... Might have to respray the chainring and get a new chain at most!

Luke.
I going to try and clean it up as best as I can and it should clean up pretty good. Defenetily going to respray the chain ring also and replace the rusty chain.. But overall it's a cool bike and really worth the money spent..

Did that laid back seat post come like that from the factory? If so, first bent post I've seen from the factory. Gary
It might be origenal buy until I pull off the seat post to check but it could have been replace by another brand also..

Yes sir, I rode some of those! Nice find!
The layback posts were around then, pretty sure it's not stock, but we all ran them! So they all got switched..that post will work awesome for a cruiser...
What bars are those? For some odd reason my mind keeps saying they are not GT????? They will have their logo if they are. But. I thought gt knees savershad a lower cross bar.
You are correct Mikeee. The bars are not GT, they are Haro's and possibly Goup 1 style.. Yes the seat post might have been switched also but until I can get t'it off I will find out for sure..

Back