Yard sale DB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We went "yard-salin" yesterday. Must have it ten or so sales. The first one had several kids and children's bikes. I spotted this odd framed BMX and thought it was cool and different. Its a 1994 Diamondback TX-100, missing both pedals and one grip. It was in my truck after just one Abe Lincoln exchanged hands. By the end of the day, the only other bits I acquired was a NOS Schwinn rear duck tail fender and another unknown (thick metal) NOS front fender. Not a bad day!

Now what to do? I have a nine year old, so obviously it goes to him, but not until after I have my hands on it. Do I just clean it up as or make it look old school? I'm thinking old school. Maybe a banana seat and some apes? A springer? Red tires? I'll swap out the sprocket for something older. How about some ideas to get the creative juices flowing here.....
IMG_3307R.jpg

IMG_3308R.jpg

IMG_3309R.jpg

How about letting the 9 year old get in on the old schooling? I've seen some kids come up with some good ideas on this webpage.

What a great find. Do it up for the kid but when he out grows it and has no interest in it, make a High Racer Recumbent bike out of it. I've never seen a frame like that, just loping off the bottom bracket at the frame and adding the pedals out past the forks.............I got to look for a frame like that.

Something like this one I built for my daughter.
24-HighRoller06.JPG

Good luck with the build.

GL

Back