"Y" not??? UPDATE 1-8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Y" not??? UPDATE 1-3

RatRodDad said:
I'm still trying to picture where the chain will go. It looks like the rear arms will be in the way of the path of the chain. Maybe it just looks that way, though, since I'm only looking at a photo and not the actual bike.

Believe it or not it just does clear on the bottom. But I will probably run an idler pulley just to make sure.

Coming out BEAUTIFUL!........I've been checking everyday to see if you updated your post! You have a great imagination!

aww i was a bit curious what it would look like with the short handlebars you had in the first pick, it looked like it was a death mobile :p.

now it looks pretty rad :D I love the frame and the color!

Boneshaker said:
HA hA hey CMAN I just noticed your signature line :p

Yeh, I can't remember the thread it came from but I thought it was to funny to pass up. Just notice your handle bars. are they just bent? I would'nt hit any sweet jumps with them. :p :p

All I had was one o those crappy pipe benders that uses a jack....and the not right size die. But I like 'em. They cost nothing. It's a rat, right?

P.S. I rode it today for the first time........DEATH TRAP!!!!
Actually it handles surprisingly good. But I definitely gotta get the brakes hooked up ASAP. :mrgreen:

Okay 90% finished. Completed the handlebars, and installed the propulsion system. As you can see, she's fully road worthy!!! Also I broke down and welded another tube in the frame. It didn't break, but man did that thing flex!!!
You guys were right :oops:
100_0691.jpg

100_0688.jpg

I'm thinkin that big ol tank is just BEGGIN for some sweet black and white pinstripes, what about you guys?
Also, I still don't have a name for it yet, any suggestions?

That came out great, I love the added tubing in the frame.

How about "Over Xtended" ?

The extra bar looks great !! are those curtain rod finials (sp?) in the bars ?? id like to see some stripes myself. :)

name suggestion - "Fat Lip" (i dont know why)

The extra bar looks great and will make a safe ride. Couldnt imagine riding a bike when it broke.

I would leave the name as Y not.

cman said:
The extra bar looks great and will make a safe ride. Couldnt imagine riding a bike when it broke.

I would leave the name as Y not.

I agree, Y not, is what it's already known as! That thing just keeps getting better and better!

Back