xXx"In Cash We Rust"xXx *Paint 6/29*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: xXx"In Cash We Rust"xXx *Update 5/31*

N8NBOX
I dig this build a lot as for the wheel issue maybe you can find one of these 12" bikes cheap somewhere
http://www.target.com/Spider-Man-Bike-B ... ids&page=1
I think they might look good for rear wheel and tires. and maybe even use one in front
just a idea
Thanks Skip

Re: xXx"In Cash We Rust"xXx *Update 6/22*

I finnnnnnnnnnnnnnally found a donor 12" tricycle...and best part is that it was free...will start mocking everything up tonight and try to get some pictures. think my biggiest problem is going to be trying to modify the vintage pedals to fit on the new front wheel.

Re: xXx"In Cash We Rust"xXx *Update 5/31*

and heres a couple pics as it sits now :)

sany0229.jpg

sany0228.jpg

Re: xXx"In Cash We Rust"xXx *Update 6/23*

Thanks...I have just been fixing up some schwinn letours one to ride and one to sell and was just waiting for the right tricycle to pop up and luckily it did for free so now its back to work on this beast.

glad to see your back too. seems like a few of us are in that mid build blahs. i know i am i sorta hit a wall just need to get inspired again. good luck to you your bike is sweet

hahaha yeah I was wearing shorts since its areound 100 outside and had a little breeze pick up and blow a little on my leg and as soon as it hit me it started to burn so I ran inside and hosed off...some crazy stuff.

So here are the paint removal pictures....

After the first attempt....
4983_121051161954_714576954_3322746_4949165_n.jpg

Second...
4983_121051171954_714576954_3322747_940341_n.jpg

And heres after the paint...im not too fond of the dark shiny black so will probably sand it down a bit and throw some more traditional flat black over it but I managed to weld the seatpost and for my first time using the welder for anything but practice I think it turned out pretty nice after a little dremel work :)
4983_121051176954_714576954_3322748_4134006_n.jpg

Now im starting on the seat parts and trying to figure out how to make the old pedals work on the new arms...might end up just cutting them off and welding on the ones from the original wheels. Unfortunately my motivation has dropped slightly as my girlfriend broke up with me but I still think im going to finnish it and give it to her kid anyways.

Latest posts

Back