WOW what a day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

so the ol'lady and i were at wally world and
""CRRRRCKKK WALMART SHOPPERS WE HAVE A CODE BLACK CRRRRCKKK""

what the f is a code black???? well seems that is for really bad weather. tornado to be exact.... we wait for like 30 min and they say it's cool and we finish our shopping. they say the storms are still going to hit though. so we go outside to the car.

it looked bad not raining but baaaaaaad. evil, sinister even!! off we go to get home as quick as we can. we are about a mile from wally world and it opens up!!!!!

i mean like 10 to 20 foot visibility... winds well over 50 mph.. so i'm driving like a granny as quick as i can to get home when......
OUT OF F'IN NOWHERE THIS BIG FRICKEN TREE FALLS ON MY CAR AND STOPS US DEAD IN OUR TRACKS.

huge fricken limb rips through the windshield explodes glass throughout the car.
ask everyone if they are all ok were are cool. but think POOP i'm in the middle of the fricken road and with this huge tree on and through my car and you couldn't see me untill it was too late if you were coming up behind us. fearing getting rear ended with my kids and my hunny in the car. i throw it into reverse and stab it to get out and from under this tree... takes a second of beating my car like a rented mule to get out but we did it. threw it in drive and tore "donkey" to the side of the road....

here i pondered WOW did that really happen??? as rain water pours in through this big hole in the window. waited for the rain to let up and calmed the situation of this craziness. rain slowed, cop showed, firemen came to cut up the tree and clear the road. while the cop was doing my paperwork this "DONKEY" bombin down the road rubber neckin our car sees the tree at the last min. locks it up gets sideways almost takes out the firemen and crashes down this 20ft ditch.

cop comes back from seeing that numbnuts is ok and gives me my paperwork back. then goes back to see if they need any more help. hunnys friend was there to take her and the kids home. i said go now because i'm not paying a tow bill to get this heap home. while they were all distracted i jumped in my car and ace venturaed my heap home with tree pieces and rain blowing at me all the way there.

to top it all off got home only wanting to shower to get all the wonderful glass shards off and out of my body to find the power out....
power out = well pump don't work!!!!!
l_6a60b364ee8e72019e4445f1e6023ae1.jpg

l_ba1afcdba35a5beb5af5bd7a4f315731.jpg

l_a9a8076034f31ef1d3d80db43ea34ed0.jpg

Glad everyone is OK!......Getting out of the way afterwards, is the sign of a true "survivalist". Most people would have just SAT there..........GOOD JOB! :wink:

let me tell you it is in the top 10 of crazy things that has happened to me. god and grandma were looking out for us that day.

still seems like a dream or something you see in a movie.

my 3 year old son will be talking about it for months

thanks for the comments guys

We just got a "Storm" here.
Lasted about 10 minutes...but it was pretty darn brutal!
a HUUUGE branch downed onto someones roof down the street from me...and about 6 big branches on my other road(im on a corner...so i dont know how to describe it)

But heres a traffic related "accident":

My dad was on the highway, probably heading home. There was a motorhome hauling a boat in front of my dad and a turkey got in the road. The guy SLAMMED on the brakes and the turkey went under the truck. The next thing my dad saw was a giant orb of feathers around the truck, and the turkey rolling away with feathers flying off of it. Sad, but hilarious...i wish i saw it

Upper, glad to hear everyone's o.k.! Sounds like it coulda been a lot worse if you hadn't been on the ball! Some of the clowns on the roads today shoulda never got their license. The cop should of just shot him in the accelerator foot!

The shower thing sucks. The first thing that helps to calm me down is a good, long, hot shower, I feel for ya! That storm tore up half the state! We were lucky it didn't raise to much hostility in our stretch but a couple of miles all around us got slammed pretty good.
So will you be getting the car fixed or just ratrodding it out?
Stay safe and tell the wife a Trashlings I'm glad they're O.K.
Chainsaw

sorry to hear that guys, but im glad everyone is ok, things can be replaced, people cannot. i live in kansas city and ive been getting pounded too. i live in gladstone by liberty and tornadoes and winds have torn up alot of property, houses, trees, lines, etc...since i moved here. i tried a 'jonah' and told the weather channel to throw me into the tornado and then it'd stop, they hung up on me, apprently i wasnt the problem...this time! kudos on the quick thinkin bro
fast eddie outty

Chainsaw said:
So will you be getting the car fixed or just ratrodding it out?

Chainsaw

well car may be off to the "Run What Ya Brung!" race at the local track. it's whooped.. it needs more work then i want to do to it. i'll get what the insurance company will give me for it and sell it for a couple of bones to a buddy for the races.

i'll tell the ol'lady
really thanks guy for all the posts of concern thanks again

fast eddie said:
i tried a 'jonah' and told the weather channel to throw me into the tornado and then it'd stop, they hung up on me, apprently i wasnt the problem...this time! kudos on the quick thinkin bro
fast eddie outty

thats funny!!!

i really am thankful everything turned out the way it did! it bites my car is down but it could have been worse...

most of the my concern was the glass and the kids. it was weird. like koda said i like snapped into survivalist mode in concern for the situation and what else could go horribly wrong right now!! it made me think how many people would just sit there or even worse get out without even trying to GET
to the side of the road where it's safe...

i can now say i have experienced UNREAL some cat came down from his gated house in this storm right after with a umbrella. it was funny he kept trying to hold it over me while he was talking to me seeing if we were all ok telling me his wife was calling 911 and they seen it all. when all i wanted was the hard rain to wash the glass off me. he made sure we were all ok then went home. bet i sat there for 10 mins in the rain thinking REALLY?? really??

it was crazy wish i could play a video to show ya how it went down because it was like a movie even through my eyes :shock:

I dont know what you can get from insurance on a car that old

But i know my dad hit a deer, and he only paid about $500 for the car....sold it to insurance for like....$4000

i dont know anything about this stuff though

glad you are all ok. that is unreal, your car ain't lookin too good. man that is scarey, glad you got the car to the side before the jerk came along. i will say a prayer for you an your family.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

lol @ dingo

im the guy that tells the insurance co it was a $500 car, not a $4000 car :oops:

I hope the INS CO is good to ya UCWT !!! :mrgreen:

first thing the srappers do is syphon the gas and cut off the cat-converters out so beat em to it if ya can

CCR said:
lol @ dingo

im the guy that tells the insurance co it was a $500 car, not a $4000 car :oops:

I hope the INS CO is good to ya UCWT !!! :mrgreen:

first thing the srappers do is syphon the gas and cut off the cat-converters out so beat em to it if ya can
it was a 2000 dodge caravan...He bought it for like 200 and payed 300 for parts...it was stolen before he bought it and stuff

update i was guessing that i would get no more then 400 bones for my busted 93 P.O.S. with 230,000mi. + well after all said and done i got 1113.00 :shock: i wouldn't have gave more then 50 bucks for it :mrgreen:

same here glad your all ok guess i will stop complaining about hot weather :shock:

Back