WOW @ this

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed the garbage truck picking up all the kerbside throw aways in the hood, this usually coincides with a last minute desperation throw out of anything looking udesirable,
i seized the opportunity and went for a quick search and found these couple of yummies!
1 one of those springy exercise things where you push n pull like mad to get in shape, well they have great bars and this was the first thing that I grabbed!
They have the very last 180 curve at the ends and can be detached, these will be for a rear drop out assembly at some stage but the main bars are strong enough for a pushy, they're awesomly wide and cruisy too! I had to cut away the foam grips on one side to get it off but its in great condition!
I'll be able to attach some normal bar ends to these and we'll see what I can come up with! im secretly hoping for a wide set that swoops way back for a sort of..."Super stretch" thing!
PXL_20230802_032409101.jpg

Then I ventured round the blocks a bit more and found this!
Looks to be 660cc, but its not, thats only the model number, these are actually only 212cc and im hoping its only the jetting unit thats stuffed! I can smell the tell tale "Paint fumes from the fuel tank" indicating very old and stale fuel! I'll replace the plug and I still have the tank from the quad drifter motor, as I had to fabricate a motorcycle style tank for that machine!
Ummmmmm then i'll clean the carby....ummmm then maybe put some fresh new oil...ummmm then we'll see if I can get her going, after that if it still dosnt go it would have to be electrical! I'll also be removing the jet unit as im really after the motor.
in any case if the thing wont go I still have a bold plane for the actual frame of this! just look at its sweeping curves, its symetry, the things just screaming "REAR SWING ARM" or maybe "Frame Extensions"
original_4d798d09-2861-4331-b0be-6861ee141e02_PXL_20230802_032129588.jpg

Some of the nozzles hadnt even been used, the gun and extensions are suffering surface rust but it still looks to be used for a yr or so then left un used!
the hose's alnoe are good and are worth well more than the admission price alone!
original_ce94b052-5e54-4ee3-b98f-9bd2e7af36a4_PXL_20230802_032232725.jpg

Last edited:
You bloody beauty , All I did was put the new tank on, chucked some clean gas in it, connect it and drop the bottom of the carby, I then opened the fuel valve, let it drain right through and run on the ground for about 15 seconds, put the bowl back on. It took about 4 pulls and she coffed and spluttered but eventually came right and now she purrs like a kitty cat! 😍 😍 😍 :cool:

And guess where its gonna end up!
Remembering the motor and wheels were donated to the quad drifter, , so theres gonna be some frame mods comming!
Cant beleive these people throw these things out, as soon as I saw it down the street I had a funny feeling the jet unit was stuffed, I havnt tried it yet and i wont, I brought this home for the motor, Its a runner so now the frame gets used for a build at some stage....Man I feel like a winner today!
PXL_20230802_065830978.jpg

Hooray, ive been searching for one of these for a while now, one finally came up and I was first to enquire, picking it up in a few hrs, 1 hr drive $70.au this is gonna be September madness! were talking...Chopped, stretched n lowered! may even go all out on paint too.....!
Screenshot 2023-08-13 at 4.42.48 am.png

Latest posts

Back