Would you ride it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jwm said:
Could you ride it, is a better question. By '72 I was doing motorcycles, but I remember kids doing stuff like this. Points for coolness, but these things are almost impossible to ride.

JWM

Yep, but that was the fun part... being able to ride it while all the neighborhood kids couldnt! :lol:

I'd try to ride it. Looks cool but I'd move the front fender down by the wheel or just loose it all together.

I had one...identical. It WAS impossible to ride. Look at his center of gravity. His body weight is behind the rear axle in the riding position, and there was not enough weight out front to keep the wheel on the ground. You could not ride this bike even a matter of a few feet without Popping A Wheelie. Maybe SOMEBODY out there could ride it, but I challenged ANYONE to ride mine and no one could.

I built something similar out of 3 or 4 pairs of hollow 26" forks. It actually strted to curve back up! :shock: It was impossible to ride, it swayed violently. had to take a section or two off. As far as that pic, I'd rather be riding in that 69 Impala in the background!!! -Adam

Sure would....thats right out of my childhood. Excellent picture :mrgreen:

55ColumbiaBuilt said:
I had one...identical. It WAS impossible to ride. Look at his center of gravity. His body weight is behind the rear axle in the riding position, and there was not enough weight out front to keep the wheel on the ground. You could not ride this bike even a matter of a few feet without Popping A Wheelie. Maybe SOMEBODY out there could ride it, but I challenged ANYONE to ride mine and no one could.

You could always fill the fork legs with lead to even out the weight. With the ones I have made I don't stretch the fork, I stretch the rear. 8) :mrgreen:
chopper.jpg

I still ride my 16/20 fake Grape Krate with a 26" Bent Springer fork.

It wheelies real good,but corners are a little tricky on it.

My Way Back Machine!

(I've riden the Gals on the back of it too)

Back