would you rat out an elgin blurbird? link

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha i almost threw in a bid till i saw the 1000 reserve. hahahahahaha maybe if the frame was nice but that ain't nice

100 would be reasonable, the tank is worth that, but not 1,000. it would be cool to own but it'd need a boatload of work and to find all the parts would be next to impossible and VERY expensive.

If it was 100 it'd make a great rat rod. :roll:

"Does need work as you can tell..."
Ya think??? :roll:

A little rough...I would even have a hard time straightening that one out. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

has anyone ever scratch-built one? i think lots of guys here have the equipment and skill to do it, and for wayyyy less.

am i being totally ignorant looking at that frame cause why did i think bluebirds did not have seat post tubes? i am no rare elgin expert i have never even seen one up close. i know they did one like that what is that model called?

karfer67 said:
am i being totally ignorant looking at that frame cause why did i think bluebirds did not have seat post tubes? i am no rare elgin expert i have never even seen one up close. i know they did one like that what is that model called?
That would be the Elgin Twin bar my friend :wink:

AND...

I would! Ive always wanted to be the only one in the world at something :wink:

I'd like to see UncleStretch do something with that :mrgreen: But not for a $1000 reserve :shock:

I'd go for $100, the tank is worth that much. Other than that there's nothing use-able in the bike. It would be really sweet to custom frame it and put a stingray 20 x 4 tire back there. Original style stays, and a huge sissy bar :mrgreen: .

schwinnmesa said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
CHEAPO :lol: :lol: :lol:
schwinnmesa said:
For $1,000? Never. $10? Sure! :lol:

lol, sorry but a grand just isn't in my taste. 10 bucks is a lot of money too. :p
I feel the same way :mrgreen:

Back