Would you 65mph on a mountain bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neat idea putting the motor on a "Trail-a-bike" type thing. Gives the motor a suspension, cuts down vibrations and wheel slippage. Well done, EXCEPT...

Not obeying simple traffic laws and driving like an idiot is gonna get him killed.

Cool idea, stupid driver. He's going to leave a mark on history with his invention. Sad thing is no one will know the true story behind that greasy spot on the highway but us. :lol:

"Ignorance will provide as long as the world stands."

- My Grandaddy

NO ! usually the first thing I consider is the safety of the design,starting with the brakes. look at how undersized those rotors are for example. but in this example the rider is not wearing any body armor .even tractor trailer trucks go out of control when the trailer starts to sashay.

Big deal.
I have gone down dirt fire roads here in N.M. going that fast. I did have a death wish back then LOL. About 10 years ago it was all about how fast you could go down a fire road on a downhill bike. And who had the balls.

Who was the bigger idiot, the guy on the bike riding down the road watching where he was going or the cameraman on the motorcycle riding through traffic with one hand holding a camera watching his buddy?

What a dope :roll: I wonder what would happen if that pusher rig took a bounce and came down a little off center. Introduced a non-centered thrust into the connection point. Speed wobble and a quick flying W is what I envision. OUCH

Another fun possibility, the hitch point on the seat post fails and the throttle cable is the only thing holding your connection at 65MPH, the more it pulls the faster you have to go to avoid being speared. Can you go that fast without the motor? I think not. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Lots of good thoughts previously posted. Cool idea but just crazy. When you're young logic doesn't always prevail. May be on a future episode of 100 ways to die. There Is another YouTube video around where a guy mounts a model airplane motor on the back of a tandem bike, just as crazy.

yoothgeye said:
Who was the bigger idiot, the guy on the bike riding down the road watching where he was going or the cameraman on the motorcycle riding through traffic with one hand holding a camera watching his buddy?

Looked to me like a dude sittingon the rear (behind the "driver") of the camera cycle,not the one controlling it (watch again,you'll see him in his rearveiw mirror a couple of times). Still....the official-fastest (as in,had acalibrated computer and a freind on a dual sport motorcycle I was right behind...good thing he didn't wreck,LOL!) I've ever been on amtn bike going down a long road hill was just a tick over 50MPH,and the time at that speed was only for a second or two. I've been well over double tht on a motorcycle and felt (relatively :wink: ) safe,but not on even my 29er with disc brakes,it just wasn't designed for that. That guy's got big balls,but he's a moron,and soonr or later,he'll wind up on his country's version of AFV...my 2 cents

Note...I seem to be having keyboard problems,apologies :oops:

Back